• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale SVT LIM gutted and ported to knife edge for ported 3L

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
I'm selling a SVT LIM that has been gutted and ported. The holes for the butterflies were drilled out and tapped so a allen head screw is plugging them now. The center posts on the bottom where it meets the head were ground to a knife edge for a ported 3L. This allows seamless transition instead of the step that would normally be there. Your gaskets that sit on the heads will need to have the center posts cut out with some snips. I'm putting a stock SVT LIM back on because the car is no longer FI and I want the IMRC back on it. This is a great LIM that will get you a few extra ponies on a ported 3L.

Looking to get $75 for it plus shipping.

Ok so this piece will make your ported 3L basically a full 3L with the svt UIM? No secondaries? Basically it deletes them? Sorry to sound like such a newb. How much power are we talking about and is it really worth it? I have one of your ported motors in my car now which I found out is an escape motor. I had to replace the water hose that sits under the throttle body and fuel lines. I bought a 2.5 hose which works on the 3L taurus also but it didn't fit. I took my hose to ford and they cross referenced the number on the hose and it came back to fit a fusion and escape. So I assuming my motor is an escape motor. Oh well if nobody knew that now we do...lol. Of course I am sure that is one hose nobody hardly ever has to replace.

This is only for a ported 3L motor. It is a split port intake. Even when ported out the oval port 3L motors don't have the center post dividing the ports (on the heads). When you slap the SVT lower intake on there the air goes form the split port lower intake into the larger oval port chamber (ported out to the split port shape). The center post on the stock SVT lower, stock gaskets, and porting plates is like a step and will cause turbulence issues. The center post was ground down to a point on the lower intake for a seamless transition to the ported out heads.

This is not a conversion lower intake. You need to have your heads ported out for split port intakes and be using a SVT upper.

My 3L is ported....I guess you threw me off when you said you wanted your IMRC back. I assumed this LIM that your selling couldn't use the IMRC hince the reason you were selling because you wanted your IMRC back. I just wanted to know what beneifits this has to a stock svt LIM. And if the IMRC can or can't be used. If it can't be used then I again assumed it would be like a full 3L with svt upper and lower. I understand tho this isn't a conversion lower intake. I just got confused my bad.

The IMRC has been removed from this and the IMRC rod holes were drilled out and taped to accept a allen head screw to seal them up. This would work on any any ported 3L and is for those that don't want to run the IMRC. The IMRC was troublesome with FI so I ditched it and was very happy with this lower intake.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back