• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuel injector harness

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
Okay i got a quick question my Csvt is a e0, build date 8/97 and am in the middle of putting a rebuilt main harness in. So the previous owner of my csvt put a regular 2.5 duratec engine in there with a build date of 11/14/97 on the valve cover,now i want to put my svt uim,svt lim and my 19# injectors in,with a build date of 11/14/97 i assume it was a e1 engine,and i assume they used the 11/97 fuel injector harness with that motor as that would be a easier swap ,now did they use the better harness that doesnt crack on the 11/97 build date i just want to know if i got lucky and not have to change my injector harness too...
So if anyone knows the build date where they used the upgraded better harness i would love to know if i got lucky lol thanks

Last edited:
not sure they would have swapped injector harnesses as both the E0 and E1 use the same injectors. the only ones that use different injectors are the later 99 and 00 returnless cars.

Yea but didnt they upgrade the harness in the e1 just to handle the heat better,because most 98 eo harness cracked and i thought the e1 harness didnt crack,i was just curious when they started using the better insulated wiring harness,i though it was e1 later build dates in 1997 and early eo had that issue but idk my harness on my injectors that came with the motor is fine no cracks yet just was hoping i wouldnt have to rebuild that harness since it was a 11/14/97 motor

yes, but what im saying is that they likely just reused the original harness, since all the connections are the same, why would they bother changing it out.

I doubt they took the intake manifold off to put that harness that was cracked in,because my whole engine harness is cracked except the fuel injector harness under the intake manifold,which i assume came with the engine because it just plugs right in by the passenger side,which leads me to believe ford upgraded the harness by the time the e1 started production which my engine was from a 11/97

Back