• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

tech

mirdita pos

CEG'er
what sup?
i have a 97 contour its a atx but i really wanna have the tech on it so. i was wonder how would i go about hooking up a tech?
also i was wondering how come we only have like shock looking things and no springs? i wanna put 20s on and i wanna drop it what should i do ?

ok so we have springs they are above what your looking at. you can drop it but its hard to sqeeze 20's and to find them in the 108 bolt pattern. biggest ive seen and heard of are 19's but sumone will correct me if im wrong.

ok so we have springs they are above what your looking at. you can drop it but its hard to sqeeze 20's and to find them in the 108 bolt pattern. biggest ive seen and heard of are 19's but sumone will correct me if im wrong.

A couple people have ran 20s. I know people have hooked up a tach before here. Perhaps theyll chime in with the installation.

And plenty of companies make springs and struts for this car.

There have been some Mondeos rolling on 20s, but I've yet to see a Contour running anything that large.

ding dong!

2318523_15_full.jpg

xx.jpg

BaggedSVT2.jpg

yep hate the first one second is ok and the third is the best. 20's may look good but watch out for things like rough roads potholes winter. cuase the side walls are going to be really tiny

ohh id like to see a how to on making the cobra front end fit

wow thanks guys
i guess im not ganna do 20.s because im in pa and the roads are shytty.
and

i most deff dont want my car messing up. as for the tech i beleave that

there is a wire that you have to hook up. i just dont know what wire it is.

and as for springs i have searched and i havent found nothing. i want to

figure all this out because possiably on friday im ganna get my car back with

a new engine:laugh:

PA roads = no 20's.:laugh: Trust me, I live here too.

Check the FAQ's at the top of teh Duratec Maintinence forum to find where to buy parts. Bat, SPmotorsports, and CTA motorsports are 3 places that come to mind to get springs/struts.

ok getsum
iwhats the biggest i can go here in pa
i dont wanna fuk my car up

and what this i hear about a cobra bumper? what year cobra and all that
seems interesting

correct me if im wrong so all i have to do is get both bumbers and cut and paste?

I'm rollin on the stock SVT rims, a whopping 16", so I don't know. :laugh:

About the cobra bumper, It would be a lot more than just cut and paste, you'd need to mold the two together, a lot of bodywork involved.

do you think it is worth it?
i cant wait till i get my tour back
its a green color you think when i lower it and all do you think that green would look good with black rims with a chrome lip?

Can I ask what the hell a "tech" is... I know you obviously mean "tach" but where the hell are you pulling tech out of?

Also stop asking such ridiculous questions, brush up on your terrible grammar and enjoy your stay at CEG :)

Back