• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber Front Splitter/Mirko

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
Did a little test fitting yesterday, its a really tight fit. It takes some work to get the wrap around stretched out and wrapped around the bumper. For the final mounting I will probably mount it on the car and then attach the PRT skid plate. You need a little bit of flex to get this mounted on the bumper right, the PRT skid plate will stiffen things up too much I think.

SAM_0226.jpg

SAM_0227.jpg

SAM_0228.jpg

SAM_0229.jpg

SAM_0230.jpg

SAM_0231.jpg

SAM_0232.jpg

Thing looks awesome. Good luck on keeping it looking that good 6 months from now, I had one on my SRT-4 and it was destroyed ithin 6mnths even with a skid plate. Just make sure to be even more careful with a cf lip. looks really good though.

The new ED splitter looks great. Glad they, for the most part, got the fitment up to our standards. :laugh:

You are gonna cry like a little bich when u smash that one lol

Did a little test fitting yesterday, its a really tight fit. It takes some work to get the wrap around stretched out and wrapped around the bumper. For the final mounting I will probably mount it on the car and then attach the PRT skid plate. You need a little bit of flex to get this mounted on the bumper right, the PRT skid plate will stiffen things up too much I think.

Agreed, I'm not sure the word tight accurately describes it:laugh:

Mount it? Screw that, these things are tight enough to stay on by themselves!! LOL.

No seriously, I just got my mounted yesterday, two captured (speed nuts) on the inside of the wheel well and a quarter it bolt on each side. Get a couple more estimates on paint and it will be on the car.:cool:

I got it mounted, and put some foam behind the sides and around the fog lights. I used a bolt/nut on each side inside the wheel well to secure it. I think I will cut the wrap around off, I dont really like it. Its such a tight fit you kinda have to twist/pull on stuff to get it in place, I can see the wrap around breaking off very easily if I take it on/off more than a couple times....Im sure the duraflex is much more foregiving though

898e7721.jpg

5f8f573f.jpg

eb0d6254.jpg

84dac25a.jpg

That's exactly how I mounted mounted mine! I'm going to line the enter inside of mine with molehair though, just to prevent scratching anywhere. I noticed you have the bumper stays, I don't which probably makes it a bit easier to get mine on also.

Last edited:
That looks amazing!! I'd like to have one but I'd love to have a carbon one but I would be to afraid to damage it. Post pics of the whole car when its all said and done I'd like to see how it flows with everything else.

Back