• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pictures of inside a SVT trunk?

hallfleming

CEG'er
I found a trunk trim piece at the junkyard. Not sure if it came on a SVT. Also, my stock jack is missing. Does anybody have a picture of how the trunks arranged?

Thanks in advance!

2011-05-11_15-09-01_815.jpg

That peice goes inside behind the center tailights should be some clips on the back And i think they only came on the SVTS Because i had a hard time fiding one

That peice goes inside behind the center tailights should be some clips on the back And i think they only came on the SVTS Because i had a hard time fiding one
My '00 SVT didn't have that piece. I always thought there was something missing though since my trunk was always lit up by the license plate lights and it was annoying if my rear seats were folded down.

I can't remember the years or trim levels it was used on, but there are two versions of it. One with the doors and one without doors for the bulb access. Mystiques that got the covers had the one with the doors, while Contours that got them were without doors. Most Contours didn't have them at all. I believe it was only on E0's.

Not many Contours got the cover. I installed one from a Mystique on mine. It gives a nice finished look to the trunk lid when it's open.

I think mine came from a Contour Sport with the later tail lights. Any clues on how the jack mounts? I saw a black nylon bag in the trunk of the same car. I wondered if that was for the jack?

Any chance someone could snap a picture under the carpet for me? :) Mines a E0 SVT

I can't remember the years or trim levels it was used on, but there are two versions of it. One with the doors and one without doors for the bulb access. Mystiques that got the covers had the one with the doors, while Contours that got them were without doors. Most Contours didn't have them at all. I believe it was only on E0's.

Not many Contours got the cover. I installed one from a Mystique on mine. It gives a nice finished look to the trunk lid when it's open.

you are correct on the location however You are incorrect on availability. these were available on post 98 Mystiques and very few Contour se sports

There were 2 versions. Version 1 was 2 squares only and those went on pre98 trunks. Version 2 you see pictured. If you found some without doors for bulb access it means that they broke off.

I think mine came from a Contour Sport with the later tail lights. Any clues on how the jack mounts? I saw a black nylon bag in the trunk of the same car. I wondered if that was for the jack?

Any chance someone could snap a picture under the carpet for me? :) Mines a E0 SVT

On the e0 the jack either goes on the rear bumper side of the outer part of the spare tire or under the spare tire. E0s had different jacks. You should have 2 straps in the trunk under the black panel that covers the rear bumper side that the jack goes around. Ill post pics on my lunch break.

There were 2 versions. Version 1 was 2 squares only and those went on pre98 trunks. Version 2 you see pictured. If you found some without doors for bulb access it means that they broke off.

Oh well. Apparently my local Contour owners were retarded and broke the doors off. :laugh: It's weird, every Contour in the junkyard that had the cover was missing doors. Pre-98's the doors were fine. Mystique, doors were all fine. I never understood why Ford would make two. I guess they didn't.

95-97 Contour - F5RZ5445558ACA x 2
95-00 Mystique/98-00 Contour - F8RZ5445558AAC x 1

JM95625.gif

I remember seeing the #1 part in the old style trunks like svttour said. So what came in the SVT? I did find this part in the trunk. What's it for?

2011-05-16_22-09-46_167.jpg

2011-05-16_22-09-52_444.jpg

The SVT didnt come with anything.

That looks alien from the contour? What are the dimensions of it?

Now that I look at it on some 98 mystiques on the side carpet area there was a "door" or "window" that you would open to change the bulb out instead of pulling the carpet back... could be that.

Now that I look at it on some 98 mystiques on the side carpet area there was a "door" or "window" that you would open to change the bulb out instead of pulling the carpet back... could be that.

It was a Pre-98 thing. The old carpets had bulb access doors. That is definitely not it though. It's probably just left there from another car.

Ive got 2 brand new power antennas with 1995 stickers on them here in my office....

For what it's worth, these are from my E1...but I didn't see anyone else respond to you. Maybe they will help? :shrug:

IMG_2408.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

If it's the older jack style, I apologize.

Back