• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Contour...a special SVT...But probably not on Contour.org...

sav0320

CEG'er
http://mlav.com/car/contour0608/1.jpg

The '99 SVT that the SVT Contour program manager bought will be mine after his 2012 Focus is delivered. ~85k miles, T-red/tan. Tons of updates and kept in a garage. Saint Joseph, MI loses an SVT-C, Detroit-area gains another; after it left Canton in 2008. My silver 1998.5 will have a new friend. $2k for it with 20 $100 payments. Thanks dad! He bought it with 43k miles in 2004 and already replaced the entire trans housing/parts (thanks to no service parts from Ford...what happened to 10 years after JOB LAST????) and repeated shifter and suspension work.

BEGIN RANT...the MODs on this site can suck a fat one...END RANT.

Let's try to break this down. Okay, so apparently you're getting the "SVT Contour Program Managers" Contour SVT. Which is a 1999, T-Red, with tan interior. Thats always been garage kept. Fairly easy to understand that part. "Saint Joseph, MI loses an SVT-C, Detroit-area gains another; after it left Canton in 2008." I seriously can't understand this, so I'm skipping this part. You obviously have a Silver Frost SVT, and you're making payments to your dad. Screw the rest, I have a headache already.

sounds like this new car was located in Saint Joseph, MI. The op and new owner of said car is located in Detroit, MI. SO the first town looses an SVT while Detroit gains another one back. This car was originally in Canton prior to 2008 when it moved to Saint Joseph.

The rest, no idea.

After work I'm going to get sloppy drunk, and try to decipher for you guys

...already replaced the entire trans housing/parts (thanks to no service parts from Ford...what happened to 10 years after JOB LAST????) and repeated shifter and suspension work.

BEGIN RANT...the MODs on this site can suck a fat one...END RANT.

I guess he meant that he had to buy the whole transmission. He's mad cause they obsoleted parts out. Also had usual shifter and suspension work. You pretty much can understand the rant.

I just love the picture with the little kid in the back seat having a blast and waving to the world. Very nice T-Red.

1.jpg

I'll brake it down for the slow members. He said blah blah blah svt blah blah mods suck a fat one.

Makes perfect sense lol =please ban me

Back