• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The $300 Truck

98MystiqueLS

CEG'er
So i ended up selling the mystique. Another member baught it. But i had to buy this truck. So heres the new project. its a 93 Mazda B2200 with 84k on it. Was looking at it in the back of a used car lot when the guy comes out and says $300 its yours just get it out of here. Apparently the rear end is shot. So i figure why not. i could use a pickup.

So i get it home and the rear end is shot..carrier bearings are done and the carrier housing is cracked. So i get another one from a local junkyard. Put it in and 2 days later its leaking out of some holes in the cover. So now i need to go complain to the junkyard that the rear end they said was good isnt. Just my luck it happens on my 21's b-day lol. Oh well. Heres some pics of the truck.

The pics are after a quick wash and vac. Just buffed and waxed it along with the chrome wheels. I need to take some new pics but no one can believe the condition its in.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

Cleaned up really well, and the front bumper is always the first thing to rust. We've had 4 in the family and I just remember my uncle had one as well...

Also notice the 626 in the garage. :)

if i found a similar condition pickup for $300 i would be all over it, congrats.
although the rear end issues would be beyond my realm of limited skills. but $450 w/o that would be just as good :D

Cleaned up really well, and the front bumper is always the first thing to rust. We've had 4 in the family and I just remember my uncle had one as well...

Also notice the 626 in the garage. :)

Yea the 626 is my friends car. He convinced me to buy the truck. He likes his mazdas :laugh:

What a deal, brother! That puppy's on good shape! I an never remember what engines were in those.

But on a weird note, it reminds me of a cross between the Mitsubishi Mighty Max and the Isuzu P'up

Yea i just cant bring it to myself to pull that motor but i am dropping it 2" it does some nice burnouts tho.:laugh:

That thing is pretty damn clean, nice find. I hope you get the rear end figured out. :cool:.

not bad lol. there great trucks. Good gas mileage too. I averaged 22mpg on my last tank of all city driving

So out of curiousity would anyone be interested if i was to sell this.. Everything is fixed. Just did a tuneup, 22mpg. 84300 miles on it now. KBB in good is $2500. Thinkin about getting another SHO... and make a little profit lol so if anyone is interested make me an offer. I might list it in classifieds if i get more serious about selling it but for now ill try and get an idea.

Back