• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L True hybrid----->3L Ported hybrid

SVT Doood

CEG'er
O-k...

Picking up a SVT 3L true hybrid (SVT heads on 3L) this weekend (not the car in my sig). Even with an accusump the owner spun what he belives to be a crank shaft bearing. (I should add he was running a sho-ship lightened crankshaft pulley as well). The car has been tuned for the hybrid and SHo-shop Y pipe.

I am picking up a ported 3L (ported for SVT UIM/LIM and has SVT cams installed) this weekend as well. I have a Weapon-R Y pipe I'd like to use on this motor.

I've read a lot of the 3L postings, but still have questions:
Will I need a new tune for this motor? (I'm thinking yes)
Will the accusump be of any benefit to the Ported 3L? (I'm thinming no)

Now really stretching..can you or would it even be smart to pull the crank from the motor with the spun bearing...have it ground...run oversize bearings....then re-install into said motor? Or is there more to it when re-installing main and connecting rod bearings? The 3L was originally a crate shortblock that the guy used for the initial hybrid.

If you guys need any more info to answer correctly, just post and I'll try and answer...

Technically, you shouldnt need to get a new tune. But it would be a good idea since you are gonna be running an engine with lower compression.

As far as the accusump goes, it will only benefit you in the case of oil pressure loss.

Back