• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PRT EGR delete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Another new product for 2011, PRT's EGR delete kit. Included in the kit as pictured is a CNC water jet cut 6061 aluminum manifold block off plate, header cap, vacuum regulator port cap, new felpro gasket and mounting hardware.

This kit will function fine without a tune but would require one to eliminate the check engine light, and a simple modification to the vacuum harness pictured below. This is not SMOG legal and sold as "Off road use only".

Pricing for this kit is $35 shipped.

Until we get our new website introduced, orders can be handled through PM.

EGRDELETECATALOGPIC.jpg

Modification required to vacuum harness:

IMGP0868.jpg

I do need to make everyone aware, that I discovered a problem with the plate order last night. It has since been rectified, but the aluminum plates are now two weeks out at fab.

How is this kit any different than the kit for the 03/04 cobra offered from D'Agostino Racing? Picked that up for my 3l swap and it worked perfectly.

Great sales pitch.

Just wondering why someone (maybe me on the next 3 liter) should pay 15 dollars more for yours over the same thing from D'Agostino. Does yours come with a free hand job?

Great sales pitch.

Just wondering why someone (maybe me on the next 3 liter) should pay 15 dollars more for yours over the same thing from D'Agostino. Does yours come with a free hand job?

Probably not, but either way Pole has callus hands, so I wouldn't want one anyway. But I am supporting someone who supports our platform!

Great sales pitch.

Didn't exactly come off as an actual question I guess...

I'm not sure what plate material is used on their kits, look like steel, maybe you can expand on that for me as you said you've had one. Understand that this is coming solely from looking at the picture on their site:

So from them you pay $20. Shipping? I'll assume $5. So $25 to your door for plate, gasket and cap. Great you get the items in the mail. Now time to drive to the hardware store and pay $1.50 each for the metric hardware, if your hardware store is anything like Ace or True Value around here, their hardware prices are exorbitant. So now you're at ~$28+time/gas driving to the store and you proably still want some kind of clean way to cap the vac port. I know for you it's not a big deal to handle that. For the average Joe, it's worth a couple extra bucks to get an all inclusive kit shipped to their door to avoid dealing with filling in the gaps left by what they could buy for less. This is exactly why I put together a kit with everything...

Better sales pitch? :)

Didn't exactly come off as an actual question I guess...

I'm not sure what plate material is used on their kits, look like steel, maybe you can expand on that for me as you said you've had one. Understand that this is coming solely from looking at the picture on their site:

So from them you pay $20. Shipping? I'll assume $5. So $25 to your door for plate, gasket and cap. Great you get the items in the mail. Now time to drive to the hardware store and pay $1.50 each for the metric hardware, if your hardware store is anything like Ace or True Value around here, their hardware prices are exorbitant. So now you're at ~$28+time/gas driving to the store and you proably still want some kind of clean way to cap the vac port. I know for you it's not a big deal to handle that. For the average Joe, it's worth a couple extra bucks to get an all inclusive kit shipped to their door to avoid dealing with filling in the gaps left by what they could buy for less. This is exactly why I put together a kit with everything...

Better sales pitch? :)

Certainly a much better attempt. Plate was aluminum if I remember correctly, looks 100% like the one you have pictured. I also don't remember going out and buying any bolts. Its possible I used bolts from my expansive bolt bin, but its probably more likely I just used the bolts off the manifold.

I suppose you have a point for compiling everything together for the average joe.... But I have a feeling I should be scared of the kind of crap coming out of said Joe's garage ;)

Plates arrived from water jet yesterday, Just have to bead plates them and I'll be shipping out the kits that have been paid for. I still have about 15 kits in stock.

Plates arrived from water jet yesterday, Just have to bead plates them and I'll be shipping out the kits that have been paid for. I still have about 15 kits in stock.

Ship mine with the RR's - save yourself some shipping $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back