• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My car prodject is driving me nuts

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
So far everything has gone wrong at least twice. I've have worked on the car for at least twenty full days this month. The rear of the car will finally all be in place tomorrow, and all I'll have left to do will be countless tedious stuff. Only one axle will not be a custom piece. I have to make the handbrake hydraulic. I'll wind up being at least a thousand dollars over budget. I still need a clutch and two bearings in the gearbox. I need to somehow mount the alternator to the front of the engine. The real lousy part is that I can't install a 3l engine because I have to race in a light class which limits me to 2.675 liters for my first three events. I only estimate it will cost me 6000 more dollars to get everything ready by snowdrift 2010. That makes me think that I'm not going to compete in Rally America next year and only do NASA's east coast championship series. I estimate that I won't drive my car until June or July. Once I am done with the rear of car, I'll post pics. I put the car on the ground yesterday. It looks so wrong looking underneath the rear of my car. I love it! I just though I'd share this info with everyone.

Dont get discouraged. I wish I could help but the best I could do is sip a mountain dew and offer encouragement. Good luck. Will you let everyone know when you first start it up and drive off? I want to be there to take pics and video.

I feel your pain John. Things can get kinda cooky. But hey once your done you can laugh in the face of the world!

P.S. Tyler doesnt lie he doesnt do a damn thing. :laugh:

I don't have to wait until I'm done. The "impossible" part should be done soon. Everything will be in place by the end of next week. It's all in place right now, but it's not properly secured. The rear is mostly only spot welded together. I need to make a mounting bracket in the middle. That will end the list of the "impossible" part of the build. The rest will just be acquiring the money to get all the small parts done.

I'm just glad you have a time frame, Sams been working on that turbo for the last, what, 4 years? :crazy::laugh:

I'm always around to lend a hand.

I'm tthinking next week will be the appropriate time to let everyone know of my doings. That's when I'll post the pictures.

But the conversion part will be done by then. I just won't have the roll cage and countless little things. That's what is going to stop me from driving the car any sooner than this summer.

put a little hint in your sig like I did :laugh:.... a little project of mine that will be revealed at SZ and maybe a couple more teaser pics until then.

I can't think if anything that will be just a little hint. Everyone is just going to have to wait.

Back