• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another IMRC question. Unable to find part number for the part I need.

jesterjess

New CEG'er
I just got the P1518 Code in my 98 CSVT. I looked up under the throttle body where the linkage hooks the rear bank to the front bank. That linkage is just dangling there.

There are two little plastic clips that hold the front and rear of that in place. My front clip is missing, which caused my linkage to come loose and I now get this code and Bank 2 lean codes.

Does anyone know where I can locate these clips so I can get my Contour back on the road?

Thanks in advance!
Jesse

There was a thread on here where people use a "Help section" kit from auto parts stores. They use part of the kit and modify it as necessary. The kit used had several different sizes in one box. It is sold to repair the door lock and/or latch rods in car doors.

In a pinch I have cut down and used the little plastic wall anchors from the hardware store. Jam it in the hole and then push the linkage thru.

RockAuto sells them by the bag of 6 also. They are under $2, I just bought a bag yesterday.

Doorman part# 47099 {F5RZ9F955AB} Intake Manifold Vacuum Retainer Bushing

Back