• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

April 16th: 2nd Annual Central Illinois SVT's Meet

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you all know about this event I saw on another site. I am planning to attend.

There is a group of about 30 rolling up from St. Louis and they usually have about 40 roll down from the Chicagoland area so it should be a pretty big event. I'm sure there will be other small groups attending too. Its an event sponsored by Central Illinois SVT owners but im sure there will be all kinds of fords\hot rods there. Should be a good time.

April 16th 2011
11am-3pm: Car Show at Hooters in Peoria
3pm-(undetermined): Cruise (route to be determined)
Address of Hooters: 418 SW Water St, Peoria, IL 61602

I'd like to come down to this, now that I'm here in the greater Chicagoland area. Didn't know about it last year. I'm sure Hectour would go, maybe Kevin too.....yeah right:lol:

Here is the "official" source of information for this meet over at SVTPerformance..... http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...749046-central-illinois-svts-meet-2011-a.html

If you guys want to use my place as a gathering point before heading to Hooters, that works for me. Let me know if you're interested and I'll provide directions and such.

There are currently 63 people listed as attending, not including me or anyone from CEG.... This looks to be a big fun meet and cruise.

Do you guys want to meet up at my place? Joe will be coming down a different route than the Chicago guys. Both routes could come about 2 blocks from my home. I am seeing talk on SVT Performance about getting to Hooters before 11. Leaving my place at 10:30 would get us there about 10:50.

Yeah, after further review, the group coming up from St Louis and Springfield are planning to be there a little before 10, and they asked for others to be there by 10 also. If we leave my place at 9:30 we'll be fine.

For the Chicago group, I used to live in the Westmont/Downers Grove area and would have to leave there about 7:15 to make it to my house by 9:30.

Joe, you're looking at a little over 4 hours to get down here. 242 miles to get from my house to Fox Lake.

It will be nice to get out - just wondering if I should bring the trailer or not.......

I forgot you live much further south from the Chicago area :blackeye:. I was thinking it was at the other Hooters that we had a meet 2 years ago. I will still make it.

It is not that much farther south... not like going to St Louis or anything. :D That group is actually coming 170 miles north to get to Peoria, about the same distance Chicago people are coming to the southwest.

As for the trailer, as much as I would like to see it again this may not be the group. It is essentially a group of mustang terminator owners that are letting SVT and other "high performance" Fords crash their gathering and the cruise. It's up to you though. Read through the SVT Performance thread and decide what you want to do.

I'm a maybe. Depends on where the car is at. Would definitely be nice to get some highway miles on it before SZ.

Back