• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

post 98 Contique ECU different or the same?

most likely not ... there are differences that will make the code different, you like mtx to atx, with or without traction control, etc ...

best bet, find the same code

Find the same code.....cannot use a code different than your ECU.

Trust me.....this is something I tried.

Is it easy to take it out? I haven't had the chance to mess with it yet becouse of the rain and school scheduale. From my guide that has no info on how to remove it, it might be a PITA.

Find the same code.....cannot use a code different than your ECU.

Trust me.....this is something I tried.

not completely true, well for the duratec anyway ... I have put in a SFG0 and SFG2 code from the SVT into my SE and the car runs ...

Is it easy to take it out? I haven't had the chance to mess with it yet becouse of the rain and school scheduale. From my guide that has no info on how to remove it, it might be a PITA.

very easy .... lift power steering resivior out of the way, lossens 10 mm bolt and lift harness away .... remove carpet panel below glove box ... remove 10mm nut and bracket, lift towards glovebox and slide down at the same time and the pcm comes right out ... reverse to install but all you have to do is slide the pcm in, you have to lift on removal to disengage some tabs on one side that help hold it in ...

Back