• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Joe's Powder Co. (pricing listed inside)

I could definetly keep the powder off the brake pad surface area. The face of the "spoke" of the rotor you are showing was most likely milled down to the metal after a coating was applied. I will not be able to do that. The spoke area would all be a solid color and the pad area would be as you show in your pic.

Actually, I had done it myself at HarConn Chrome in West Hartford. I did everything from the media blasting to the masking to the coating itself. The rotor was bare aluminum as it was, and I taped the face of the rotor.

Yikes! If you want me to give it a try, I guess I could. Seems like a lot of work for so little :shrug:, but if that is what you want.

So that is a powder coat on the current rotor?

Yikes! If you want me to give it a try, I guess I could. Seems like a lot of work for so little :shrug:, but if that is what you want.

So that is a powder coat on the current rotor?
Yup, that's Anvil's Candy Red in their Power Stryke line.

Would it be a problem? I may send you other stuff alond side the rotors.:cool:

Sorry connor, I won't be able to blast and paint that for you. My big blaster is having issues :blackeye:.....

Powder coated 3L UIM red wrinkle:
7-20-2009001.jpg

7-20-2009003.jpg

7-20-2009006.jpg

I managed to look at this thread at home (aka non-picture-blocking-pc) and it looks GOOOOOOOD (I'm really trying to come up with things to get powder-coated.... the gunmetal looks sick!:crazy:)

Now, you saw the rims that i was planning on having done, the clear coat is peeling, and are a little rusty in the back, do I need to do any prep work on them?:shrug:

If you blast them or get them blasted, I will coat them for free if you pick a color I have a lot of.

well the case is just sitting in my garage currently. its already stripped. it has a vss, 2 part bearings inside. its disgustingly filthy looking...i have no immediate time frame for it though. what should i do with it?

remove the vss, bearings, raceways, etc... I need a bare case. Clean it a little if you want :shrug:.

Well, I offered free powder coating of some rims to a local CEGr if he had them sandblasted and brought them to my place. He stopped over yesterday for me to coat his 15" winter wheels gold/bronze. I finished them up tonight and the color turned out pretty good. I can't wait to see them on his black CSVT.

Only problem is I will not be coating any more wheels. Too much work for everyone involved to make it profitable. Sorry guys, I will edit my pricing page.

8-18-2009008.jpg

8-18-2009007.jpg

8-18-2009001.jpg

8-18-2009002.jpg

8-18-2009005.jpg

Sorry for being a PITA...

The look good!! :shocked: (note: I cannot see them.... but I have seen your other work and am sure it does!).

Later today works then? let me know, if you prefer I can do tomorrow as well if you have plans :laugh:

You know, if I had $50 for every cancellation I would probably have over $1k by now. People tell me all the time that they are sending parts. When I first started out I made the mistake of buying the powder for those people before the parts got here and I ended up getting shafted. Now, if I don't have the color in stock they just have to wait a couple more days for me to get it in.

One job in particular I remember because I ordered 2# of Ferrari red wrinkle and the parts never made it here :rolleyes:. You know who you are and you could probably figure it out by the posts in the first couple pages..... :mad:

I'm hoping to get my valve covers to you soon, I can't wait to have them done in TRed to go with my black ST220 UIM:drool:.

Aaron

Back