• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Spotted Thread

Tony,

I do recall what you described but did not know it was you, read you got a BMW but did not know the specifics. I usually end up in the right lane over there and get moving to avoid all the people that do not know how to merge properly!

I was hoping I would get sighted yesterday considering the SVT died on the way to work (and could get some temporary heat), I was stuck on 84 between 32-33 going East around 7:45am - 7:50am. A story for another day concerning my crappy auto club (had to get my own tow after 40min on the phone with them) but man let me tell you yesterday was cold to be sitting in a car with no heat for almost 2 hours!

I was hoping I would get sighted yesterday considering the SVT died on the way to work (and could get some temporary heat), I was stuck on 84 between 32-33 going East around 7:45am - 7:50am. A story for another day concerning my crappy auto club (had to get my own tow after 40min on the phone with them) but man let me tell you yesterday was cold to be sitting in a car with no heat for almost 2 hours!

Really? What side of the highway were you pulled over on? I usually notice every little thing when I'm driving. I have no idea how I missed you. I would have stopped.

EDIT: Nevermind. You must have been pulled over before the Route 72 merge. That's right where I get on so I wouldn't have seen you.

Exactly, I was about a mile short of being in the area of the 72 merge.

And thanks Tony, nice to know you would have stopped!

I think it is the alternator since the battery light was flickering on and off at high revs and when it died, all the power stuff was barely working, almost all the dash lights were on, etc. Mechanic is a family friend so patiently waiting to hear back.

I think it is the alternator since the battery light was flickering on and off at high revs and when it died, all the power stuff was barely working, almost all the dash lights were on, etc. Mechanic is a family friend so patiently waiting to hear back.

sure sounds like it.

Too late. Axle boot ripped and the grease slowly shorted out the alternator.

Anyone have any ideas, everything seems fine now with the replacement except the lights are "pulsating", almost like christmas lights but seems to be running fine, etc. Heading off to search....

this is a long shot, but I don't see a NH NECO forum anymore, so ..
Spotted a Cougar in Hooksett NH on the DW Highway on Friday evening around 6:30, turning onto Mammoth and then to Zapora. It had modified dual exhaust, and in the low light it looked medium gray or blue. I thought it might have been Kim (in which case I'd question the car being outside on this salty roads) but it definitely sounded MTX.

I had to go in to work for a couple of hours today, and on my way up going up rt 13 around 9:30ish a nice clean red CSVT was driving the opposite side heading to Fitchburg. Leaving work in the same area but i was heading home i passed another CSVT this one was silver. The only thing i noticed was that the silver CSVT had after market rims.
Just checking to see if it was anyone on here.

this is a long shot, but I don't see a NH NECO forum anymore, so ..
Spotted a Cougar in Hooksett NH on the DW Highway on Friday evening around 6:30, turning onto Mammoth and then to Zapora. It had modified dual exhaust, and in the low light it looked medium gray or blue. I thought it might have been Kim (in which case I'd question the car being outside on this salty roads) but it definitely sounded MTX.

There are a handful of frenchblues in the Manchester area. It's possible you saw a dirty light sapphire blue one too.
Funny thing is, I saw a frenchblue one at Hannafords near our house Friday night after work around 5ish.
Maybe you caught them as they were heading home from getting some groceries.

There isn't a whole lot of NH representation in NECO. If they're there, they lurk in Mass/Conn.

I was behind a silver frost stock looking SVT yesterday around 6pm in cromwell/middletown from 691 to 84, then he got off rt 8 in waterbury as I continued on. Seemed to be in a hurry and not interested in saying hello lol

Champagne post-98 'stique. Rolling on steelies and seemed to want to play. I didn't do much, as I wasn't in the mood to beat on a new car/run out of gas.

spotted a black SVT in Monson MA this morning. looked like it had aftermarket wheels and mesh. it was heading south on rt 32, i was heading north in my black svt as well.

spotted a black SVT going down 91S between exits 9 and 10 this morning around 7:50-8am. I was going northbound. Oh yeah, I moved to New Haven.

craigslist spotting, bridgeport ad, never seen this car around, especially with the painted E0 wheels. Anyone know who it belongs to?:

3nc3ke3ofZZZZZZZZZ92i108ce650e68e144b.jpg

Back