• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New to pittsburgh

joebmx2

CEG'er
Just moved to cheswick,Pa from Florida.I own a 1998 contour svt with some slight mods.I actually own 2 1998 contours, but had to leave the black one in florida. let me kno if there are any more contour owners intown..

Welcome to the 'burgh :cool:
I live about 30mi. NW in Beaver but work in the city.
P1010012.jpg

There's a few around but I've only ever seen about 2-3 CSVTs driving around.
-J

cool, so when do the car shows start up, im guessing probably when it warms up a little. but if anyones knos of some good ones please let me kno

cool, so when do the car shows start up, im guessing probably when it warms up a little. but if anyones knos of some good ones please let me kno

Welcome to the Burg. I live in Allison Park about 20 minutes from you. I have a 98 SE Sport that I am swapping in a 3.0.

The best show is the Northway Church every Friday during the summer they start in May I believe. I will send you a link.

Randy

welcome to the Burgh :cool:. I hail from the South Hills. A couple other cool CEG'rs from the area that I have met are Getsum111 and Guitarman. I'm sure they will stop in.

yea that was the only thing i liked about florida,there was no snow to drive in. i really do like pittsburgh thoe and its weather. florida gets to hot

Hey Joe, welcome. I'm from New Sewickley, which is the boonies behind Cranberry. X2 on the Northway Cruise, they get anywhere from 500 to 3000 cars, there are usually a few of us CEG'rs around representing. :laugh: I'm sure you'll wind up running into me around sometime, look for the T-Green with the pirate skull in the rear window. :laugh:

Last edited:
ill be sure to keep my eye out, i already yell contour when im driving around and see one. even if its a lil old lady in 97contour:cool:

ill be sure to keep my eye out, i already yell contour when im driving around and see one. even if its a lil old lady in 97contour:cool:

That might get you arrested:laugh:. There are alot of Contours and Mystiques running around PGH.

Are your calipers painted or Powder Coated?

its actually been holding up really well just some small tiny chips u can hardley see... but i have been thinking about getting some powder coating done just need to get some extra cash. what i would really like to do is powder coat my rims black.

Welcome to the NE CEG!
Your SVT looks good! I also like the SVT emblem on the side.

its actually been holding up really well just some small tiny chips u can hardley see... but i have been thinking about getting some powder coating done just need to get some extra cash. what i would really like to do is powder coat my rims black.

You looking for a Gloss or flat black. I have a really nice Wet Black, very high gloss and very durable.

Attachments

• Voodoo knob.JPG
    Voodoo knob.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
Colin how much would you charge to PC a full set of calipers? I'm tired of painting mine every summer b/c of chipping. Will the PC chip off?

Only prob is I'd have to disconnect everything and I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of bleeding everything and all that.

Colin how much would you charge to PC a full set of calipers? I'm tired of painting mine every summer b/c of chipping. Will the PC chip off?

Only prob is I'd have to disconnect everything and I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of bleeding everything and all that.

It is worth it to take them off and Coat them.

PMd you.

Back