• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone near Terryville , CT?

JScullin

CEG'er
There's a junkyard out there called Terryville Auto Parts and they have a wrecked '01 Cougar. I'm looking to get some of the interior panels but it's too long a drive just to check out the condition.

Pieces I'd be looking for are the console & dash pieces. I have the door panels. They are black in color as opposed to the charcoal color mine are.

I have been there once. it isn't a yard that you can walk from what I recall. you have to go to the counter and request the parts.

if i get the chance i will run to lowell used auto this week, they had a cougar last year.
and i have been trying to get to hollands, they had a couple last year too.
i was at jacks last week and didnt see any.

I'll check out that other one. It has to be an 01 or newer because they used a black interior.

The ones at Holland's are 99-00's Elky. Torn them apart already.

Terryville is the next town over from me. I think I've been to that yard before. They seem to have the best prices around, but you can't walk the yard at all. :mad: Depending on the hours, I could probably check it out for you, but I can't promise. So much going on lately with the condo purchase.

What dash pieces were you looking for?

EDIT: Scratch what I said about the prices. I think it was actually Webster's Used Auto Parts, which is in Terryville also.

dang!

lowell used auto is about 3/4 of a mile off exit 4 of the lowell connector down tanner street. (to the left of the carwash)

the car was all the way back and a little to the right. i cant remember what color the interior was and i was even in i looking around.

What dash pieces were you looking for?
/QUOTE]

Pretty much any plastic in the interior that's black and not on the doors or rear panels. I have those. So the dash components & center console really. Not the switches.

But if they don't let you walk the yard I may as well call myself. Hopefully they protect the stuff from the weather and it's not all water damaged.

Thanks tho.

Thats the car i used to get the piece for around my door handle when someone tried to break in last year. Just wanted to let you know, i'm pretty sure the passengers side was hit and glass broken so idk about the condition of the interior pieces. Give them a call to make sure they are still good...

S'alright. I was staring at my dash while I sat in traffic for 2hrs today and decided that I'll just try to locate an 01 console pass dash and paint the rest the color of my car. It's too big a PITA to get it all I'm finding. I already have the black door & rear panels.

I believe chuck and eddies in new haven has a cougar with a black interior and tan seats. I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to go there will be. What parts exactly are you looking for?

There's some plastic trim that runs along the bottom door sills and hood release area. The center console (preferably w/armrest), and the part of the dash that on the pass. side. The cockpit pieces I don't think I'll seek anymore.

I believe chuck and eddies in new haven has a cougar with a black interior and tan seats. I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to go there will be. What parts exactly are you looking for?

Doh! How the hell did I forget about Chuck and Eddies. I was just there 2 weeks ago and that was probably the Cougar I spotted. The interior was in awesome shape. I wanted the seats just for the hell of it. :laugh:

Doh! How the hell did I forget about Chuck and Eddies. I was just there 2 weeks ago and that was probably the Cougar I spotted. The interior was in awesome shape. I wanted the seats just for the hell of it. :laugh:

you were at the new haven one or the one near you?

cougar seats will not fit in the contour since contour sears will not bolt into a cougar.

cougar seats will not fit in the contour since contour sears will not bolt into a cougar.

They'll fit so long as you add or flip a mounting tab. But you'll need to figure out the wiring hookups.

Remember we were going to put the ones Greg had in mine?

They'll fit so long as you add or flip a mounting tab. But you'll need to figure out the wiring hookups.

Remember we were going to put the ones Greg had in mine?

I recall, that is why I commented. yeah the mounting tabs are on the wrong side of the track to swap.

Oh I know, I wasn't planning on installing them. They were just nice and I wanted them for no good reason. :laugh:

Maybe make a gaming chair out of it. :ponder:

Back