• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

They're still out there

hoodwanka

CEG'er
Was doing a brake change at the auto hobby shop on base. I was the only person there in one of about 12 bays. A short time later a very clean T-red SVT pulled in. What were the chances of that!? In my excitement I forgot to ask what year it was but he did say he only had 86,000 miles on it. Nice guy too said this was the 3rd one he'd owned. Made me nostalgic for my old car. Managed to snap a picture on my phone:

IMAG00332.jpg

IMAG00342.jpg

Now if I could just convince my wife that she doesn't want her very reliable '04 Cavalier...
For old times sake:
DSC_0362.jpg

I thought this thread was going to be about the Young America...... good deal.. that tred is either a 99 or 00

Whats the story with the "auto hobby shop"?

Most military bases have them since a lot of guys live in barracks and don't have a garage. But you just pay an hourly fee to rent a bay and they have most tools you could ever need.

Thanks Joe. And Sam I'm impressed you can tell from just that angle when its got aftermarket rims on.

I dont look at din guards... the tell is way easier... if its tan interior 99-00 if its mnb its a 98.

It's a 2000 with a rebuilt title.....it's for sale on criagslist. Here is the link.....

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/for/3188951163.html

I actually considered buying at one point. Mikey was suppose to go look at it for me.

Aha I thought I'd seen it on craigslist awhile back.

And yep duh I forgot prairie tan didn't come out until '99. But I didn't even know the ding guards were a factory thing. Thanks now I know.

Back