• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to - Fogs on w/ parking lights mod

SFC K

New CEG'er
I was looking in the FAQ's for lighting page for and saw this. The only thing is the link is bad. Anybody know what the mod is or was?

Thanks, Jeff

under the dash you find the fog light relay and cut one of the wires and use a quick splice to tap it into one of the other wires. problem is i cant remember the wire colors.

Edit: after searching the old forums it appears that you cut the orange wire going into the really (make sure to leave a bit of wire). then take that short tale going into the relay and tap it into the orange black wire. I would wait for someone else to verify that first though.

off the top of my head those colors sound correct.

basically the mod takes the switch signal for the fog lamp relay, from the headlight/high beam switch and connects it to the constant power to the relay. so now the fog lamps will come on and stay on anytime the switch is turned on. this means they will turn on with the parking lights and not just the low beams.

under the dash you find the fog light relay and cut one of the wires and use a quick splice to tap it into one of the other wires. problem is i cant remember the wire colors.

Edit: after searching the old forums it appears that you cut the orange wire going into the really (make sure to leave a bit of wire). then take that short tale going into the relay and tap it into the orange black wire. I would wait for someone else to verify that first though.

You're right! I just went and looked at my car to verify.

I had a heck of a time trying to find that, much less even verify that it was right, on the old forums as pretty much every thread i found just links to the how-to that was in the "mods" section. :crazy:

if you're gonna do it, please take pics and do a nice how to. :) this forum needs as many as possible.

Hey riddle me this... This mod makes it so the fog lights always come on with the parking lights. you can't turn them on or off right? On my 99 Mystique I can pull the knob out for fogs in the parking light position or in the headlight position. Is this normal or some kind of mod? It's been like that since I bought the car

Hey riddle me this... This mod makes it so the fog lights always come on with the parking lights. you can't turn them on or off right? On my 99 Mystique I can pull the knob out for fogs in the parking light position or in the headlight position. Is this normal or some kind of mod? It's been like that since I bought the car

stock you can pull out on the switch for fogs in the parking light position but the fogs will not turn on, the switch has to be in the headlight position before the fogs turn on.

this mod makes it so that when you pull out on the switch the fog lights come on, whether the switch is turned to parking lights or headlights.

Back