• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3.0l port matched SVT now in progress, MA

slammedsvt

CEG'er
Got the everything down to the valve train off. Got an 03 taurus engine, stage 2 clutch, and bugzuki plates coming to make this a port matched swap. subscribe and follow along help if you can.motor swap 2..jpg
motor swap..jpg

That engine is pretty clean are you going to reuse the SVT cams in the 3L?

no im going to stick with the 3.0l cams and sell these. too much involved in swapping the cams not going for a ton of hp just some reliable fun going to focus on the body, paint and wheels after the swap is done.

sounds good. if you care for my opinion on this matter if you are doing a port matched 3L then I would run SVT cams.. being that the motor is out it doesnt take long to install them and time the car. Its just a suggestion thats all.

155k and threw a rod. didnt go throught the block i shut it down as soon as it snapped. the motor is clean as a whistle though id like to swap the cams to be honest but im not that confident of a mechanic to do that though. the least amount of headaches and things i have to touch without experienced help the better. i have the tools to do the swap and some minor mods but thats about it. ive been trying to find a shop in the area or someone to help i can pay for time just havnt got any responses back. anywho ive got the old motor almost out. axels and ac lines left and this thing is on its way out. ill keep posting pics through out and any advice along the way would be greatly appreciated.

Motors almost out i just have to disconnect the axels and lower motor mounts and this thing is out. new motor should be anyday this week, i got the new stage 2 clutch kit, and the bugzuki plates. i cant wait to get this thing over with and clear up some space in my garage.

though id like to swap the cams to be honest but im not that confident of a mechanic to do that though.
It's really easy ..i did the cam swap in the car ... on the floor, it would be a cake walk. Take the timing cover off, two hydraulic adjusters and chain guides.. you're there. When you do things up.. use a torque wrench and thread lock fluid on everything ... 2hrs at most..... G.

i started already i just got the 3.0l today so this weekend the old ones coming out and the new ones getting prepped to go in if you wanna pop by and help mor the merrier. just figuring this out as i go type of deal.

Back