• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need picture of MSDS heades with gasket

ST200

CEG'er
Actually I've a little problem. My MSDS headers are in my Mondeo and on the other side I'm porting the 3L heads for my new engine.

Can someone help me out with a picture of the MSDS header port + gasket on it. Than I can see how much smaller they are. If someone can give me some dimensions of the header port ... this would help too!

Thanks
Robert

Help

Help

Your post is a bit confusing??? Are you trying to port the heads to match the LIM for the 2.5L SVT/Mondeo manifold?

I'm not sure if the mondeo lower manifold is the same as the svt, but if it is you can order plates from Bugzuki (CEG member). You bolt them down to the head and they provide a template for you to "bore out". After you finish grinding them out you install the two new plates and they match up the heads to the manifold.

Not sure if this helps but thought I would try :cool:

I do the real porting, not port matching.

Now I'm removing all offsets in the intake, heads, exhaust.

My problem is, that the MSDS headers are actually in my car, and I need it! So I try to match head <--> header without having a header to measure. It's easy to do now the big work ... engine change will go faster.

I do the real porting, not port matching.

Now I'm removing all offsets in the intake, heads, exhaust.

My problem is, that the MSDS headers are actually in my car, and I need it! So I try to match head <--> header without having a header to measure. It's easy to do now the big work ... engine change will go faster.
Hi there; if you find the time while you are porting...maybe you would be able to take a few photo's and explain your porting method. Porting seems to be a thing that everyone has different views on. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...Also, when you say offsets, do you mean the different diameters of the parts ? ...thanks ..G.

OK, first I'm not a professional, I've a limited budget and only a small number of tools. And it's very heavy for me to explain what I do ... my english is not the best! :cry:

Trying to explain the pictures:
Kopf1:
Smoothing the exhaust ports, trying to get the same diameter in each port.

Kopf2:
smoothing the consumbtion chambers and removed the "steps" from the valve seats in the chambers. Removed some material around the valve seats to improve flow.

Kopf3:
Removed some material between the valve ports to get it sharp. Smoothed the rest, also tryed to get everywhere the same diameter.

Kopf5+Kopf6: Added 2 register pins in the LIM that the UIM will be mounted always in the same possition. Putting them together with new gaskets and removed the offsets ("steps") between LIM and UIM. Gaskets now don't look somewhere in the ports.

Work to be done:
-Shorten the valve guides a little to match the ports better and remounting them.
-Regrinding all valves with 45° + correction angle (should be 30°-20° ... we'll see) to move the valve seat to the outside and minimize it.
-Cutting the valve seats with 45° + 30° + 75° to exactly match valve and valve seat and set it also to the minimum.
-Match all volumes of the consumbtion chambers.
-Mount engine with crank, pistons, heads, cams, valves, chain and some modelling material to see the clearance of the valves.
-Calculate compression and how much material can be removed from the top of the block and the heads.
-Control the volumes of the consumbtion chambers after grinding down the heads again.
-Mount the engine with the modelling material again. I only want to check how the valve clearance is with the higher compression and the little later valve timing is. If there is enough, I can let the cams regrind later to get higher valve lift.
-Matching the ports of LIM and heads (there shound be big steps after grinding the heads and the block).
-Remove all parts again.
-Match all weights of pistons, rods ...
-Clean clean clean!
-Put everything together and hope it will run ... :rolleyes:

... lot of work to do!!! :shocked: :cry: :eek:

*hope this was understandable*

Attachments

• Kopf1.jpg
    Kopf1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Kopf2.jpg
    Kopf2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kopf3.jpg
    Kopf3.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kopf5.jpg
    Kopf5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kopf6.jpg
    Kopf6.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
Also, when you say offsets, do you mean the different diameters of the parts ?

With offsets I mean the steps between the parts. Nothing matches really together!

BTW: I started this to see some pictures from the ports of the MSDS headers. Still hoping that anyone can help ...

Back