• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seems like I'm getting a SilFro CSVT

oberthecat

Veteran CEG'er
Once upon a time Lightshow had a CSVT that he had some fun with, so much so that he sold it. The guy that bought it did a partial oil change, what made it partial was that he forgot was to put oil back in. So its is getting a 3L and then coming to live in Indiana at my place. More info to come.

I do not know, really good dope, however whatever the reason he made this choice, I am getting a nice car for not much money.

If he was all :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed up and partying then, this is hilarious! Nice score, how long did he run the engine bofore he noticed? My dad was doing a swap in a nova back in the 70's and for fun his buddies and him ran the motor dry. They wanted to see how long it would take to completely destroy it. Well, eventually they got bored with it since the car ran out of gas before the motor blew.

His mother and father(maybe grand parents) drove it to Dearborn Mi. and wanted to get it fixed but were alarmed at the cost. I guess it may still run somewhat but the writing is on the wall so to speak. Bagged said it was quite knocking nicely. I am going to go and start working on it this weekend if all goes well. Sometimes things work out. I was contemplating getting an E0 Silver Frost for sale here in Mishawaka but this is a better deal all the way around. If you search this site for Lightshow, there are a couple of threads about this car. It is all quite amusing to me at this point. I rode with Adam in this car at the Down River Cruise this last summer there in the EGL (Detroit) area. Who knew then what was in the works.

long story short the kid that bought the car from lightshow was at his buddys changing the oil. he drained the old then him and his buddy then proceeded to smoke some weed got side tracked and ended up hopping in the car and took off. he made it about 7 miles home and the shiz was knocking hardcore
then his folks drove it 5 or 6 miles to my house by the time they got here it was crazy knocking. so i bought it back off em. then sold it to don (oberthecat)

and no it doesnt run anymore don, i already pulled the motor now get up here with some of that good beer LOL

wow. fools. congrats, oberthecat, for the steal. Hope the car enjoys a more pampered life under your ownership.

update

update

I have been told by bagged that this car is one of fabiosvts' former cars. It may be #998 from 1999. I have the vin and will get the build number this week. I have posted some pics in the proper section.

Back