• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno and lunch meet Hiram, Ga November 6th

bgrogan01

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys well I am gonna try and set this up once again for us to meet before the holidays and before it gets too cold. Right now the only known things are the date and place. No time has been set but we are gonna shoot for mid day like around 1-2. The date is gonna be November 6th which is a Saturday and the location will be Hiram, Ga. I talked to a local shop (mainstream performance) and he told me that if we can get 10 cars to show up he would come in and give us some dyno time. It will cost $40 for 3 pulls. So with that said I need to know asap so I can schedule the time for us. The agenda will be lunch and dyno...so basicall hanging out. I would say go on a cruise later but not sure if anybody would be interested. So just let me know and I will add names to the list as you guys tell me your coming. Also if you need any parts let me know....this would be a good day to swap stuff/sale stuff.

Date: November 6th
Time: 10 AM

1. bgrogan01 +6
2. OB1
3. Rexxdoggy (no dyno)
4. salvadorr90 (no dyno)
5. JKYoder
6. singleshot (neco no dyno)

If you are not gonna dyno let me know and I will make a note of it by your name. This way I can let the shop know how many is going to do th dyno.

1. bgrogan01
2. OB1
3. rexxdoggy

I'm definitely coming. I MIGHT NOT be doing the dyno. We'll see, as I'm going to Montgomery the next day for Import Face Off and I'm trying to save money for that just in case, too.

As far as parts go, Brian, these are what I'm looking at when coming up there:
The rear passenger door and mesh, of course
Possibly the rear passenger lower control arm and a (if not both) sway bar endlink. I mainly just need the bushing.

OH! And I had an idea if you haven't pulled the door for me yet.

I plan on leaving early again to hit the road before any major traffic to go through. So, IF it fits your agenda and if you haven't gotten the door off yet, do you think you and I can meet at O'Brian's place and do the swap if the car is still there?

Looks like this is a good day for me to come down also.
I'll see who else from here I can get to come down...

One more thing I am gonna ask the shop if they need a deposit. If so do you guys have a problem sending me the money that way I can pay for it in advance? I will let you guys know by the end of this week.

I thought you said we needed 10 & i only see 3. I am talking to a Camaro owner that works with me but you guys have to promise not to pick on him, lol.

Look at the first post.....there is like 6 of us so far and salvador is bringing a few people with him and we do need at least 10. Why don't you just call me or text? :lol:

If the Camaro is the IROCZ ones, I'm down! I LOVE that body style.

I really would like this to be a pretty big meet now that I think about it.

I might be able to be in Hiram for this. I have to roll down on the 27th to hit a meeting with trey mills in SC over my insurance claim, and I have a court date in PC at 5pm the same day. unfortunately, I'll obviously not have the beast since she's done for, but I'd like to meet some of the other locals...

I'm going to switch my classes to online from home, so I can stay as long as nothing with my insurance case becomes a conflict and I'm good with a place to crash (hopefully shawn's)...

you know I'd still like to get that front swaybar, and maybe for the PAS pump, depending on what happens with me and a 'coug...

how much is involved in dropping a 3.0 where a zetec was when you have a full parts car?

also, come to think of it, I could use the SVT radiator too, never put one in the beast and the junk one is busted now anyway, obviously...

Ok I stopped by the shop and he said they don't need the deposit so if you guys are def coming and doing the dyno please don't let me down and back out. I would prefer everybody send me the $40 so I can just go ahead and pay them. So just let me know. Hopefully some of the focus and cougar guys will come. We will see.

I hope so, too!

Also, if anyone coming and sees this, if anyone has a Mirko that they want to part with, and has a decent price on it. Let me know. I wanna try and come back with one, but if not, no big deal. Just thought I can try and see if anyone has one to part with.

Please let me know the date in advance, I have weird hours, and I do not have PTO. I would love to do it on a day I am off. Basically, I want to know the date.

I might be able to be in Hiram for this. I have to roll down on the 27th to hit a meeting with trey mills in SC over my insurance claim, and I have a court date in PC at 5pm the same day. unfortunately, I'll obviously not have the beast since she's done for, but I'd like to meet some of the other locals...

I'm going to switch my classes to online from home, so I can stay as long as nothing with my insurance case becomes a conflict and I'm good with a place to crash (hopefully shawn's)...

you know I'd still like to get that front swaybar, and maybe for the PAS pump, depending on what happens with me and a 'coug...

how much is involved in dropping a 3.0 where a zetec was when you have a full parts car?

also, come to think of it, I could use the SVT radiator too, never put one in the beast and the junk one is busted now anyway, obviously...

Ok well you do know the car I bought was totalled in the front so the radiator is toast unless you think you can fix it which I highly doubt. You want the PAS pump?? If you mean power steering pump it's gone. Front sway bar is there. If I remember I will get it this weekend.

Back