• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Uh oh. Yep

ford4life

Veteran CEG'er
Look what i did.

PICT0040-1.jpg

Yep i did.

PICT0041.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

looks like its chipping already...

also needs more wetsanding, but I dig the painted reflector on the 98+ contours, its why mine is done :D

DSC00351.jpg

Lookin good there. I plan on doing that in the near future. Rattle canned?

Are we supposed to be looking at the painted reflector or the antenna?

actually I think he is talking about the antenna, let me put it into math terms...

painted reflector = :)
huge CB radio antenna = :(
thread title = uh oh. Yep
uh oh. Yep = "I did something dumb. Yep"
therefore.... this thread = "Yep; I did something dumb"

Yea painted the the reflector.

Antenna is for the CB. It was on my truck. got the csvt Put it on there i use it for the highway mostley. when i get another truck it will be going on there.

As for the paint. It needs to be redone. My stupid ass turned on a fan when it was allmost dried and got crap in it.

Ahhh I see. Well I would redo it then. Other than the few spots, it looks good.

As for Aliasjerk, not a fan of the whole thing painted red. Needs more contrast.

Here's mine:
DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

Ryan's look good because the silver is the only color on the back. The bottom portion was painted silver. But in your case, Aliasjerk, I would have kept some black since the botton portion of the bumper is black. In other words, bottom painted->paint it.... bottom black->leave black.

I like my style of painted chrome strip

tail007.jpg

As far as the contour one I think cannondalemtbs' works the best.

Ryan's look good because the silver is the only color on the back. The bottom portion was painted silver. But in your case, Aliasjerk, I would have kept some black since the botton portion of the bumper is black. In other words, bottom painted->paint it.... bottom black->leave black.

Exactly.

There is a reason cannondalemtb has owned two of the best looking cars on CEG...:shrug:

Hmmm, I think I like the stock reflector better. With it painted it makes the inside of the tail light lenses look cut off. I do like the SVT badge in place of the Ford emblem though. Where do you get that?

Hmmm, I think I like the stock reflector better. With it painted it makes the inside of the tail light lenses look cut off. I do like the SVT badge in place of the Ford emblem though. Where do you get that?

At any ford dealership, just vinyl or paint over the ford badge and place a new svt emblem in place. Or get parkedcar on here to make you a domed overlay

Back