• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Fun age. How is she with other dogs? You ever take her to dog parks?

She's good with other dogs and people, but negative on the parks. I don't have any close to my house that I'm aware of. We do try to get her out in the sticks to run whenever possible though. She's going to be my little hunter :)

My dad's latest kick is making jerky out of turkey meat (usually just venison). Since the wild turkey is fairly wild tasting, the more seasoning the better :laugh:

We had horsemeat. Wasn't bad considering. Ma backed over the horse in her Buick Park Ave., so we couldn't just let it go to waste. Cutting it up to put on the grill was the hardest part. Couldn't just bring the horse inside.

Not bad huh? :) I always have wondered what horsemeat tastes like. And no whoever's thinking of suggesting it, I'm not just going to eat dog food. .. I've already tried that cause I was curious what it tasted like..tastes exactly like you'd think it taste..just in case anyone else was wondering ;)

She's good with other dogs and people, but negative on the parks. I don't have any close to my house that I'm aware of. We do try to get her out in the sticks to run whenever possible though. She's going to be my little hunter :)

We have one right down the road from our house that's pretty nice, but lately our pooch has been getting freaked out easily by the other dogs and really territorial at home. She's good one on one though, and especially with younger dogs so if you ever want to meet up and let'em play for awhile let me know! I don't remember exactly how far away from Lakeville you are..

Not bad huh? :) I always have wondered what horsemeat tastes like. And no whoever's thinking of suggesting it, I'm not just going to eat dog food. .. I've already tried that cause I was curious what it tasted like..tastes exactly like you'd think it taste..just in case anyone else was wondering ;)

And this is what cat tastes like:

Untitled-1-1.png

We have one right down the road from our house that's pretty nice, but lately our pooch has been getting freaked out easily by the other dogs and really territorial at home. She's good one on one though, and especially with younger dogs so if you ever want to meet up and let'em play for awhile let me know! I don't remember exactly how far away from Lakeville you are..

Sounds like she is having dominance issues. She doesn't know if she should be the pack leader or what. Make sure when you are out there, she knows you are in charge...period. Don't let her run into the park first, make sure she sits until you go in first and you say she can go in. Same thing at home. You go out the door first, you go in the door first. If they don't listen, a swift kick (side of your foot, not hard) to the rear haunches gets their attention.

Yeah I dunno..she always listens to me, I don't know if that's the same story for everyone else or not..

It's just weird cause when she was younger she was always very friendly, and then all the sudden she's super possesive. She'll bark at anyone coming in the door, even if it's one of us, and she'll growl or her fur will stand up when anyone walks past the sidewalk near our house. And at the dog park a dog will come running up, obviously very friendly tail wagging and everything, and she'll just stand there and her fur goes up and everything. She used to always be the one running up to all the other dogs to say hi.. We aren't sure if she had a bad experience we don't know about or what.. Seems like a weird switch, or does that happen to some dogs with age?

Yeah I dunno..she always listens to me, I don't know if that's the same story for everyone else or not..

It's just weird cause when she was younger she was always very friendly, and then all the sudden she's super possesive. She'll bark at anyone coming in the door, even if it's one of us, and she'll growl or her fur will stand up when anyone walks past the sidewalk near our house. And at the dog park a dog will come running up, obviously very friendly tail wagging and everything, and she'll just stand there and her fur goes up and everything. She used to always be the one running up to all the other dogs to say hi.. We aren't sure if she had a bad experience we don't know about or what.. Seems like a weird switch, or does that happen to some dogs with age?

She is wound up....needs more exercise most likely. That and what I said before....you need to make sure she knows you are in charge. Alpha females (and alphas in general) feel like they need to defend the pack, and that is why she is barking at everyone and everything. She has too large of an area to "defend" in the house. If it was a nice small closet she would most likely be fine. Retake dominance from her, walk her a little more etc and I would think she would be fine

She is wound up....needs more exercise most likely. That and what I said before....you need to make sure she knows you are in charge. Alpha females (and alphas in general) feel like they need to defend the pack, and that is why she is barking at everyone and everything. She has too large of an area to "defend" in the house. If it was a nice small closet she would most likely be fine. Retake dominance from her, walk her a little more etc and I would think she would be fine

What are you MN's own Dog Whisperer or what?? :D

Something to try I guess..I am usually the only one who ever takes her out though.. :(

Back