• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

5 speed swap

Whats invovled with a 5 speed swap on these contours?
I have a 99 contour with zetec and auto trans in it. It has 170k on it and the trans is shot. I have a buddy that has a friend that will sell me his whole duratec v6 with 5 speed tranny, computer, wiring harnesses. both axles and the exhaust manifolds.

But what is the part's list in the 5 speed swap?
How extensive is it in these cars?

lmk
charles

why dont you just build off of your friends car...it wll make everything easier. Not to mention, for the swap, you'd need the entire subframe and connecting parts.

Search the old forums. The parts list is in there. I know its been covered. Pretty much the consensus is to just buy a car with that platform. Its cheaper.

Since his car is a Duratec and your car is a Zetec, you'd be looking at more differences than that. It'd be a lot of custom fabrication to make that work...

It wouldn't be easy or cheap...

Since his car is a Duratec and your car is a Zetec, you'd be looking at more differences than that. It'd be a lot of custom fabrication to make that work...

It wouldn't be easy or cheap...

what you didn't day is what year the V6/mtx/etc where coming from, that would make a difference also ...

Just sell it and buy a tour with an MTX.

But I know this has come up before. You might be able to make it easier by swapping the whole engine cradle and everything, but you'd also need to take everything out of his car such as pedals, shifter, linkages, etc.

Just sell it and buy a tour with an MTX.

But I know this has come up before. You might be able to make it easier by swapping the whole engine cradle and everything, but you'd also need to take everything out of his car such as pedals, shifter, linkages, etc.

This is a ton of wrenching. I've swapped motors in these cars before and even that was a bunch of work. I think you should just keep an eye on the classifieds and buy something closer to what you're looking for.

T

Back