• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PCM Strategy or PCM Code?

hoodwanka

CEG'er
Hey guys trying to get a tune for my 98 SVT and I needed to give Joey the strategy of my car. I used my XCal2 and it told me ATANOF4, Joey says this is incorrect. I believe him but was wondering if this is a strange thing for my car to display.

The tillman speed website says that strategy codes often look like this and that from that they can identify the cars pcm code. Here's the website: http://www.tillman-speed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2

However he asked me to just get the PCM code directly off the car so I'm most likely going to go that route. Any ideas what that strategy code might have meant?

Thanks

the PCM code is a 4 digit code on a sticker on the back of the PCM. remove the upper carpeted piece in the passenger foot well, loosen the 10mm bolt that holds the white support bracket for the PCM to the car. the sticker is behind the bracket so just spin the bracket out of the way and get the code.

Back