• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally finished....Satin Black CSVT

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
Finally finished her up. Shaved jp covers, side badges, trunk key hole, and the body line below the tail lights. Rolled the fenders. Fixed a ton of dents and a crack in the front bumper. And removed ding guards.
Before...
DSC00361..JPG

And Now. Needs a clean but just sprayed it yesterday and supposed to wait 48hrs to wash, also have svt decals for rear doors that I cant put on till tomorrow either.

Contour4..jpg

contour3..jpg

Contour2..jpg

Contour1..jpg

Sex. Pure Sex. Needs a Mirko and different wheels in my opinion, but beautiful.

Looks like they did a really nice job. Maybe it's because I'm just not used to seeing that color on a Contour, but it looks....I don't know....like it doesn't quite fit, aesthetically speaking. Don't get me wrong, I like it. A lot. Just going to take some getting used to I guess.

Pre 98 lip spoiler a mirko and more sinister looking headlights. i forget what it's called when you bake the headlights open and then spray the plastic inside but i'm quite sure someone will help me out

Thanks, for the compliments. Not sure why the door looks different color in the pics. It really doesnt in person. There is alot of dust on it right now and thats where alot of the different shades is coming from. Really needs cleaned up good. I thought about hightowering the headlights but decided it needed something to break up the black on the front end. Once its cleaned up and theres some sun out to show off the sheen of the satin I will get more/better pics up.

Looks great, thanks for stealing my half thought out plan ;) Ignore most people, or you'll end up with a cookie cutter CSVT. No mirko or the other "must have" mods! Keep trying new things, IMO.

I sprayed my Blazer with HotRodz Flats in black before selling it, and the sheen was a little different in some areas for a bit. Give it a little time, the solvent needs to fully flash out of the paint before it all mellows out.

Craftsmanship is nice, but the matte look just doesn't work with that car. All I see is a car that's finished in primer waiting for a real paintjob, it doesn't pop like a sportier looking car or a hot rod.

~Mike~

Back