Please read this before posting any opinions about subwoofer performance
*** Note to readers... lets try this again. Please don't hijack my thread this time. ***
Will everyone please stop spewing this garbage? Please?
"Brand X just hit hard..."
"...my friend has a Brand Y that hits twice as hard as my two crappy Brand Z 12"..."
No conversation about subs is valid unless you also include the enclosure it was mounted in.
Please include the following when presenting opinions about the performance of a subwoofer system:
1. size of the enclosure in cubic feet.
2. type of enclosure (sealed, ported, band-pass, free-air, etc)
3. tuning frequency if not sealed or free-air
4. also, if commenting about how loud the bass is please include what amplifier is powering the sub(s) (do not just say it is a 1,000,000 watt ILS* amp from Rockwood or Kenford... first give brand and model number)
The reason for all this additional information is it has a direct impact on its performance and how a listener may perceive its performance. The same speaker in different enclosures can and will perform very differently. Without this additional information to provide a frame of reference, your opinion is meaningless to the rest of us.
* ILS - "If Lightning Strikes" and provides 1.21 gigawatts of power, the amp will put out 1,000,000 watts of peak power.
Thanks in advance for not hijacking this thread.
1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
5-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013