• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

100% better sound for $10

hey man, I read it on this site.

I must be an idiot for believing things i read here

got a link? I have a hard time believing something like that would have been posted without being corrected.

On Edit - I'm assuming you are talking about this thread:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=29556&highlight=wiper+arm+puller

Which I'd have a hard time believing anyone with half a brain would walk away from reading that thread thinking a puller would be a necessity to remove the wiper arms.

Last edited:
They do make such an animal, but why you'd want to pay for such a tool is beyond me. A leather mallet is cheaper and useful for more than just knocking wiper arms off.

They do make such an animal, but why you'd want to pay for such a tool is beyond me. A leather mallet is cheaper and useful for more than just knocking wiper arms off.

not for contours they don't. WTF would it push against? your cowl? :help: :laugh:

Uhh no. There is a "cover" but it flips up on a hinge. And just how would you unbolt the wiper to take it off using ANY method without flipping the cover up to access the nut? I think you should revisit one before dismissing helpful ideas.

Uhh no. There is a "cover" but it flips up on a hinge. And just how would you unbolt the wiper to take it off using ANY method without flipping the cover up to access the nut? I think you should revisit one before dismissing helpful ideas.

ummm... isn't the wiper arm help on by a retaining clip that can be released when the arm is retracted? iirc, there's no need for tools to remove a wiper arm.

Something releases when you lift the arm up I think, yes (honestly I never paid attention to that particular detail), but the wiper is also fastened to the shaft by a flange nut, which you have to flip up the cover to remove. I'd take a pic right now if it weren't 20deg and snowing.

Actually, a quick google search turned up just what I would've shown. This is almost the identical battery terminal puller I have and use for this purpose:
C5WiperMotorReplacement017_sm.jpg

Ours have a cover that is hinged over the nut, unlike this car whose cover just pops off apparently but it's the same idea:
3-99-14157-l-cMzf2ynT7RnKqx7Z1jJG6g.jpg

My WRX's wipers are also bolted down, but with a pop-off cap like this. I haven't removed any that weren't bolted down and very tight on the shaft the first time they were broken loose WOW that sounded filthy.

Was everyone done discussing the OT? :ponder::p

.The sound is not only clearer but my subwoofer is much louder now.

I've never owned a Contour with an OEM amp, but if you run an aftermarket head unit with the RCA's going straight to your aftermarket amp, how does your subwoofer get louder by bypassing the factory amp?
Like I said I've never dealt with one, so you have peaked my curiosity...

Last edited:
Back