• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1995 Ford Contour SE Exhaust??

Deny Vinscent

New CEG'er
Does anyone have any ideas, or know any places i can locate exhaust systems? mufflers? anything for my 1995 Ford Contour SE v6.???? please help

I have one off of my 98.5 if you are interested and are local. Has a new catalytic converter about 6 months old too.

Not sure if you are asking for a replacement or aftermarket.

Does anyone have any ideas, or know any places i can locate exhaust systems? mufflers? anything for my 1995 Ford Contour SE v6.???? please help

Any exhaust that fits an SVT, will fit your SE... You just need to add a hanger to the passenger side of the car for the rear muffler. Lots of people buy a used Stock SVT Cat back exhaust and replace the resignator with a Magnaflow. You can pick up a used SVT exhaust for $50 to $100. I bought mine for $75 for my SE.

Reebs

thanx alot everyone, where did u go through to get the used SVT exhaust?.. and do i need a resonator? what if i just replace that with straight pipe?

Your fine with just the stock SVT resonator. It is slightly restrictive so you would benefit from something less restrictive. Many people have complained about the drone in particular with just a straight pipe instead.

well im trying to find a svt used exhaust, its just slightly difficult. if any of you have some sources.. please let me know. im thinking once i get the exhaust ill put a magnaflow res on it or something

I just got mine mounted up on Friday. I still think it's amazing how good it sounds for a factory setup (I haven't replaced the resonator...not even sure I'll bother to).

Back