• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

to remove door handles properly

yamaha racer 686

Hard-core CEG'er
ok most of us take our door handles off by sliding a knife under the insert and poping right?

well thats wrong and can really damage and scuff your nice interior.

First look under your door handle you will see a small notch. Just about big enough to get a screw driver in.

Push your screw driver in and push towards the door. the insert should pop. push in a little farther and repeat the step untill you have it out enough to pull it open.

THere you have it an easy way to remove door handles with out scuffing or marking the inserts or handle

hope this helps.

i've had trouble with the sail panels, behind the mirrors. my solution (albeit an awful one, no doubt): i drilled very small holes right in the center of the circular cover over the screw holding it on to pull it off. it honestly doesn't look too bad, but is there a better way?

i've had trouble with the sail panels, behind the mirrors. my solution (albeit an awful one, no doubt): i drilled very small holes right in the center of the circular cover over the screw holding it on to pull it off. it honestly doesn't look too bad, but is there a better way?

Take the screw off from inside the door... Slide off the cover. Then unscrew the 2 screws holding the outside part to the door. Then slide the outside piece towards the rear of the car and off...

Back