• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Marauder Gauges

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
I was just wondering if anybody has used the gauges from the Marauder in their gauge pod.
I noticed these are white faced AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges (not shown on AM's website - only black faced Pro Comps are available).

Also, if anybody has seen them at night in a Marauder, do they light up like the SVT dash (backlight green through numbers on the face) or are they like the AM Phantom gauges where the entire face lights up green?

EDIT: Hey Mods, I just realized this might be placed under Interior or Lighting. If you feel the urge to move it, feel free.

a buddy of mine has a marauder. let me ask him about the lighting of the gauges. I'll edit this post when he responds.

http://www.qwksvt.com/MGauges.html

NightGauge.jpg

From the pictures it looks like the one on the right is stock.

from my buddy:

If I remember correctly they light up green through the numbers/markings on the face. The needle is also illuminated.

One thing to keep in mind is that the oil pressure gauge is not a real gauge...when given voltage from the oil pressure sensor, it moves to a predetermined position (about 70PSI) and stays there regardless of what's going on in the engine. I believe it will only read otherwise when engine oil pressure is <5PSI. Some of the Marauder guys get "real" Ultra-Lite gauges and swap the silver face from the Marauder gauges into them, which is a bit tedious but retains the factory look. When I say "real" I'm referring to the oil pressure sensor only since the voltmeter is fully functional, though the normal production Ultra-Lite and Ultra-Lite 2 gauges do look a bit different. The Ultra-Lite 2 gauges have the same style backlighting, whereas the original version is only lit around the outside.

Back