• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Door Sill Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up guys I've sent them an email yesterday inquiring about the etching of the 'popular' logo as I was not impressed with the previous attempt on the pedals. I'm looking for something that would more closely resemble the logo that can be seen here

I'll keep everyone informed as to what I find out. I asked for a 'sample' etching before I place my order.

Tracking payments

Tracking payments

1. Chas -
2. brapple - PAID
3. brapple - PAID
4. CSVT#49 -
5. hotdimmes - PAID
6. fcsvt1 -
7. ft.worthsvt-
8. SVT Loki -
9. tsSVT -
10. Silver Bullet - PAID
11. ProjectSVT -

Received my door sill set today. I'm very pleased, good quality and fit. I can't see any improvements or changes needed. At first I thought the 3 grooves should have been evenly spaced across the width but after looking at them for a minute I realize Autovation did the right thing by making the edge borders a little wider.

They do "disappear" somewhat into my silver frost paint, but I had already thought of that before ordering. Not too many "tasteful" goodies like this for our cars so I bought anyway. If your Contour is any other color than silver they will really pop out and look much better IMO.

Make sure you clean the surface good with IPA before applying the adhesive tape. Also better if it's a least 70 degrees outside, initial application doesn't stick and cure well in the cold.

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

DSCF0086.jpg

looking good. That's why I'd go with machined with SF. Then again I have the machined pedals, dead pedal and hell guard.

How long with this GB price last again?

looking good. That's why I'd go with machined with SF. Then again I have the machined pedals, dead pedal and hell guard.

Is that like winning afterlife immunity? I could sure use that haha

Pedal set with heel guard is my next purchase. I want the ones with rubber inserts because I like to drive barefooted whenever possible. I have a 35% off code that expires soon.

How long with this GB price last again?

Nobody has said how long yet. Email Anthony for answer ah@autovation.net

the size and fit is what I had invisioned .... they fit between the marks in the door sill.

looks good. I can't wait to get mine. should look great against black and blue ...

Looks great! I'll be ordering over the weekend, can't wait to put them on :laugh:

1. Chas -
2. brapple - PAID
3. brapple - PAID
4. CSVT#49 - PAID
5. hotdimmes - PAID
6. fcsvt1 -
7. ft.worthsvt-
8. SVT Loki -
9. tsSVT -
10. Silver Bullet - PAID
11. ProjectSVT -

SilverBullet, those look sweet! :cool: I'm sure everyone will be happy with the product!

Thanks for installing them over the weekend and posting pics! :beer:

1. Chas -
2. brapple - PAID
3. brapple - PAID
4. CSVT#49 -
5. hotdimmes - PAID
6. fcsvt1 -
7. ft.worthsvt-
8. SVT Loki -
9. tsSVT -PAID
10. Silver Bullet - PAID
11. ProjectSVT -

I included my etching request with my order instructions.Do i need to send a seperate email?

I included my etching request with my order instructions.Do i need to send a seperate email?

I would send an email as per the instruction on how to order

EDIT: Here's how to order:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovation
Gary, everyone can order the door sills directly from our website and use coupon code "Contour.Org" to receive the $54 group buy discount. It is OK for everyone to submit payment at this time. They can select the number of grooves from the website form, but they must let me know which design (if any) that they would like. For the engraving requests, please have each customer e-mail me directly with their request after ordering. We will ship out after we get the confirmed fitment.

Looks like half the orders have been placed; BIG THANKS to those who followed-through quickly! Anthony at Autovation will usually bend-backwards to please customers, but let me know if you should have a concern that is not being addressed.

May I ask why the others are holding out? Are you guys just waiting for payday? Is there concern over fitment after the pics posted by Silver Bullet? Is there still concern over how the etching will look?

Looks like half the orders have been placed; BIG THANKS to those who followed-through quickly! Anthony at Autovation will usually bend-backwards to please customers, but let me know if you should have a concern that is not being addressed.

No Prob, thanks for putting it together.

May I ask why the others are holding out? Are you guys just waiting for payday? Is there concern over fitment after the pics posted by Silver Bullet? Is there still concern over how the etching will look?

I'm guessing it's because of the etching question... do you want to see if Anthony can do a sample etching and send you a picture? I think that would seal the deal for these people on the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back