• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog/Parking Light mod = No Headlights!!!

theSCHAFF

Hard-core CEG'er
Well i went to do the parking light / fog mod ... cut orange wire. sliced orange wire coming from harness into orange black wire. like directions said (orange/black wire looked more like red/black) but anyhow now all that works are parking lights. no fogs, no headlights. i even put everything back as before still. parking lights only :help: :shrug: :mad:

Any help would be greatly appreciated concidering i cant effing drive at night now!!! :mad:

Where is the fuse for my headlights ? i checked owners manual. all i see is the fuse box under hood, next to the battery. and none of them are labled. just labed w/ what amp fuse they are

there is a fuse box under the drivers side dashboard.
Right below the steering wheel. The owners manual should ahve which fuse is which.

Thanks for the help! i got the headlights to come back on (it was a fuse) i knew it wasn't the wiring. i'm a damn electrician i know how to wire! :laugh:

But now the fogs down come on. is there a seperate fuse for the fogs ? cuz if so im gonna have to track down that fuse and replace it as well :crazy:

Thanks for the help! i got the headlights to come back on (it was a fuse) i knew it wasn't the wiring. i'm a damn electrician i know how to wire! :laugh:

But now the fogs down come on. is there a seperate fuse for the fogs ? cuz if so im gonna have to track down that fuse and replace it as well :crazy:
If you click on the link provided previously, you will see that Fuse 5 is for the fog lamps.

What is it with people lately fuggin up wiring and fuses on the fog light mod?

Common sense is to kill the power to those wires BEFORE cutting anything. :nonono:

well if i read right he said spliced the orange wire from the harness,, should be the orange wire coming out of the relay,, i did mine last night and i blew 2 fuses one in the CJB and one in the BJB but the only thing that happened with mine was no fogs until i got that fixed. if he spliced the wrong end of the wire that might keep the fogs from working regardless of fixing fuses,, cause it would probably keep blowing fuses

this mod is pretty easy, use a 3m splice connector, one cut and splice ... also I didn't disconnect the battery I just removed the relay for the fog lamps ...

can someone elaborate which of the two solid orange wires to cut from the relay? there is one around the center of the connector then there is another one around the outer edge of the connector.... please advise....

my bad for the old revival... i was getting a little desperate for help.... i think im border line color blind... so the one wire i thought was solid orange located in the middle of the connector is actually orange with another slightly lighter orange in the middle.... finished the mod and everything worked out!

Now that you have asked I'm not really sure... I might have to go do this little mod on my spare svt....

Back