• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hotel Situation -- Important, please read!

hetfield

or hetfeild
I just tried to book my room and got a huge run-around from the reservations office for the hotel group that manages our hotel. The guy couldn't find the group name that we reserved under (Contour Enthusiasts Group) and after he did eventually find it, told me that there was only one room left. I immediately called the event coordinator I've been working with and found out that there are only three out of 25 rooms currently reserved in the block.

If you still have to reserve a room, please ask for Tami when you call. Tell her you are with the Contour Enthusiasts Group and she will handle your reservation.

If you are waiting until the last minute to reserve a room, please let me reiterate -- you can cancel your reservation up to 6:00pm of the day of check-in (typically May 20th). If you are fairly certain you are coming to Spring Zing, please (I'm begging you) reserve your room. We are getting to the point that I cannot extend the block of rooms past the 25 I have already reserved, and I am on the hook for those 25.

Update (also posted below):

Due to the low turnout we are going to be releasing the remaining 10 rooms back to the hotel. Because of all the problems we've had in getting our event set up (I'll explain later) they are going to continue giving us the discounted rate. When you call to reserve, you will need to talk to Tami (and say you're with CEG) to arrange this. However, this means that as rooms are being booked by other guests we cannot guarantee them for CEGers. You will need to reserve as soon as possible to avoid losing out. If the hotel does happen to fill up before that weekend and you need a room, please PM me. The same hotel group owns several hotels on the same street, so I will work with Tami to get you a room as close as possible to the Comfort Suites.

Last edited:
You must ask for Tami or you will be tossed around to people over the phone and the call will probably be dropped. This info should be posted directly in the itinerary thread by the hotel info.

As of two days ago we have 11 rooms booked... well short of the 25 we reserved. If you are waiting for a special invitation to get your room, consider this it.

Come on people, only 14 days left before SZ.

I wonder, can you do something like with registration. On such a date the number of reserved rooms will be reduced, and you will have to pay regular rates?

Maybe. We got the banquet room comp'd because of reserving the block. I don't know how that will change if we release the block. I will update everyone when we have something worked out. As far as I'm concerned, with all of the mistakes and problems the hotel company has made with the event I do expect them to be flexible about our situation.

Last edited:
I texted every WI member about SZ today.... maybe some stragglers but no solid leads..... :cry:

me and my clan will be reserving ours today or tomorrow

you know ill be there. plus im bringing a few really bad ass tours

I had a dream that you were going to bring some cool stuff with.:laugh: It will be nice to see you and your projects again.

Ok, an update for everyone:

Due to the low turnout we are going to be releasing the remaining 10 rooms back to the hotel. Because of all the problems we've had in getting our event set up (I'll explain later) they are going to continue giving us the discounted rate. When you call to reserve, you will need to talk to Tami (and say you're with CEG) to arrange this. However, this means that as rooms are being booked by other guests we cannot guarantee them for CEGers. You will need to reserve as soon as possible to avoid losing out. If the hotel does happen to fill up before that weekend and you need a room, please PM me. The same hotel group owns several hotels on the same street, so I will work with Tami to get you a room as close as possible to the Comfort Suites.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

If people are hard up at the last minute, they might also be able to crash existing members' couch beds and such in their rooms.

Back