• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to do a valve train adjustment and replace shims?

thats some good info Myrosia;

what kind of average oil pressure should the zetec see at the head? since the valves adjust that way then low oil pressure would lead to excess noise. I have my oil pressure unit plumbed to the port by the coil pack and I usually see about 80psi when I first start the car , it will eventually settle to around 55-60psi cruising and when fully warm on a hot day can get as low as 20 psi at idle. (running 5w-30 synthetic)

Again, as someone has already pointed out '99 model has solid tappet meaning NO hydraulic lifters. Meaning the oil pressure may be great, but on THAT model has absolutely NO EFFECT on lifters. In short, useless info to the original premise of this thread.

Again, as someone has already pointed out '99 model has solid tappet meaning NO hydraulic lifters. Meaning the oil pressure may be great, but on THAT model has absolutely NO EFFECT on lifters. In short, useless info to the original premise of this thread.

Yes, my engine has the Cast # RF978M6090R75 (Cylinder Heads)

This indicates it applies to 98-99 DOHC (4-121, 2.0L, VIN 3) 16V L4 Zetec VCT engine

In addition to the Tappets (6500), this engine also has Tappet Shims (6K514)

Back