• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How much would you pay for this contour SVT

I think if it has rust like that up top the underbody is really bad. I would use it as a beater for a while and part it out eventually. Too much money to save it.

I meant to say bosal exhaust :blackeye:.
I have been looking at the rest of the harness up top and it isn't cracking or falling apart....

The rust shouldn't be that huge of an issue. Take the bumper off and sand the area, take the windshield out and sand that too.

If there's rust like that coming through on the rear quarter and the roof, I'm betting it's not just some light surface rust. It would probably be more involved than some sanding if you want to keep it away for more than a year.

If there's rust like that coming through on the rear quarter and the roof, I'm betting it's not just some light surface rust. It would probably be more involved than some sanding if you want to keep it away for more than a year.

It would stay away for a couple years. :laugh: But if it is just a DD beater SVT, does it matter?

The rust on the quarters is definetly surface rust and easily repaired.
The rust around the windshield and the bottom of the doors is deeper than that though. Hopefully I can get it running for that lady and not have to worry about it.......

The three main wire harness connections at the left of the rear valve cover needed dielectric grease and some zip ties, that's it.

well blu fuz here is what i picked up for 1000

98 black SVT
Didnt run
Had koni with ground control
UDP
LSD
no side skirts
broken rear bumper
pain needs work
warm air intake
with metal piece between filter and uim
headers
ypipe
bassini exhuast

got alot of original suspenion pieces too

so 500 for that seems about right.

I was hoping, but I didn't ask for it :rolleyes: - she is kinda hot too.....

epic fail all around, first you figure out it hardly needs anything fixed and tell her, then you don't even get a beejer off of it?

whats the matter with you? :D

Back