• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pcv r & r

cashflow50

Reverse Light wont work
96 contour 2.5L v6. I recently changed my pcv hoses and connectors, but no vacuum at the throttle body. And i noticed when I remove the one to the throttle body, it has no change in idle. Only when I remove the one to the crankcase is when I see a difference in idle. Do I have a leak somewhere around the throttle body?:confused:

whats the idle speed at? And how long does it take to get to that speed? when you turn your car on from cold starts, or an hour after its been off, the rpm slightly raises and the lowers again back down to the normal speed, how long does that take?

whats the idle speed at? And how long does it take to get to that speed? when you turn your car on from cold starts, or an hour after its been off, the rpm slightly raises and the lowers again back down to the normal speed, how long does that take?

900 rpm warmed up after cold start. about 5-10 min give or take.

So you pull the fresh air hose and it bogs down but you pull the pcv hose way down underneath nothing changes?

so im going to gues and say thats its an se? lx? nonsvt though 900rpm seems a little high for me, 780~750 is what im running at, 790 is textbook standard
you could be looking at a vacuum leak somewhere along the intake/ check for minute cracks along the intake tube, pcv hoses, etc/ take your time and look carefully, try to listen for a hissing sound/ take a piece of hose to your ear and use it as a stethescope to listen to those hard to reach hoses/
good luck/ my period doesnt work, so im using backslashes

yah sorry its an SE. The intake tube had a slight crack. I repaired it with an adhesive and even the check engine light went off. I also added clamps to the pcv hose for better vacuum.

Back