• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flasher relay buzzing...no turn lights

stranger

Be Gentle I'm New Here
1998 Ford Explorer

The wife hit a deer and had to replace the grill, headlamps, and turn/clearance lights. Since i replaced them, the turn lights and hazzards dont work. I've checked all the fuses i can find and they are fine. Replaced the flasher relay module and it buzzes on and off ..still no turn lights. All of the other lights work just fine. I'm guessing there is a short somewhere but i cant find it. Any suggestions? ONe more thing, under the steering column near the flasher relay is a wire with a grey plug on it that isnt plugged into anything..is that normal? I cant find where it would plug into

Welcome stranger. :) Post what engine and model. Did you do the repairs yourself? There is a good chance the ground for the turn signals have not been reconnected. Remove the turn signal housing and look for a black wire which goes to the chassis. A buzzing relay sound usually means it is not connected properly. Check that again too.

Last edited:
Back