• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

She made it!

Onimitsu

CEG'er
well i moved down to North Carolina from NY, i loaded my contour up will all my stuff, it took about 13 hours and about $100 in gas, and i got 35.8 MPG which i was very happy with!

right after i left my house
100_0073.jpg

here she is with her "lowering kit" in Maryland

100_0089.jpg

100_0074.jpg

100_0075.jpg

100_0095.jpg

100_0096.jpg

and here is the next day, got it unloaded and took some pics of her at her new home!
100_0116.jpg

100_0117.jpg

100_0119.jpg

100_0125.jpg

Heh, 35.8mpg with a car full of stuff, gotta love contours.

I remember this summer I was headed home from a trip with my trunk stuffed and 4 other people in the car. It was certainly too much for my Koni's and my 18's rims. I rubbed at every little dip in the road and every time I shifted, haha.

Now who am I gonna go to the junkyard with? Eh guess I get to keep all the goodies I find now... :D

TGO, he moved because that's where his GF lives. He's gonna be down there for a bit then they're both moving back up north in a year or two. Or at least that's the plan to the best of my understanding...

Don't you worry buddy, i'll be taking a road trip next year. Probably gonna be between my spring and summer Co-op's. Bet the SVT doesn't get 35.8 mpg though... But, I won't be cruising at 60-65 either... :D

looks gorgeous (aside from the driver door booboo)

Good to see your move went smoothly with her too.

yea the previous owner had that door reskined and they did a bad job and now it is rusting but i did a little touch up but needs more work!

you sure your springs arent broken? it looks damn low in the back
no they are not.. i had my heavy tool box at the very end because if she broke down i wanted easy access, but i tyred to spreed out the rest of the weight evenly.

Cool! Good to have another tour in the state!

we will have to have a meet around here!!:laugh:

Now who am I gonna go to the junkyard with? Eh guess I get to keep all the goodies I find now... :D

TGO, he moved because that's where his GF lives. He's gonna be down there for a bit then they're both moving back up north in a year or two. Or at least that's the plan to the best of my understanding...

Don't you worry buddy, i'll be taking a road trip next year. Probably gonna be between my spring and summer Co-op's. Bet the SVT doesn't get 35.8 mpg though... But, I won't be cruising at 60-65 either... :D

hey if u find anything i need keep it for now i will come back and pick it up!! and yes that is my plan for now stay down here for a year or two with my GF and then move back to Rochester NY! i cant wait for u to come down here! hey it was tuff to keep going 60-65 and drafting behind big trucks!

Looks awesome!!! One of the cleanest post-98s on here fo sho. I've been wanting to steal the hood struts off my Dad's Taurus for a while:laugh:

car would be so hot with an svt kit on it in that color:drool:

SSSHHHH don't give away my secret!!!:rolleyes:

Looks awesome!!! One of the cleanest post-98s on here fo sho. I've been wanting to steal the hood struts off my Dad's Taurus for a while:laugh:

i am so glad i did that mod it is so nice to not have to mess with the hood prop:laugh:

What you need?
IDK i need one of those pre-98 mystique rear splitters and any MNB pieces!

Back