• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Duraflex Mirko Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
ok guys, sorry, got bogged down with the holidays and then this kind of fell to the wayside.

we have 2 options to go with here.

option 1: use the existing Mirko mold and continue pumping out Mirkos exactly as they have always been. this would cut out some of the down time since a new mold would not have to be made. it would also cost about $50 less as well.

option 2: have a new mold made and one that wraps the splitter around the bumper so that there are no visible bolts/fasteners on the front side. it would screw in on the back side of the bumper and be aethestically more pleasing.

option 1 would cost $250 for the initial GB ($300 thereafter)

option 2 would cost $300 for the intial GB ($350 thereafter)

*this does not include shipping folks. this would be $50 to $75 extra plus $15 packaging fee. they ship these on a daily basis and would cover any shipping damage issues. definitely the best way to go about it. if you live in the So Cal area and can pick it up in person, youre lucky, you can save on that part.

CARBON FIBER
is available. it costs $150 more and is not part of the 15 we need to get this going.

in order to get this GB off the ground, we'd need at LEAST 15 people to commit and pony up half the funds up front. they need a 50% deposit in order to get them started. shipping fees would not be due until they are ready to ship. the 50% balance would be due when the splitters arrive in the US. dont have it? find someone else to take your spot or forfeit your deposit.

im in for 2 and i know mattyk wants one, so that leaves just 12 more needed. we can certainly get more than 12 but we need at least 12 more in order to make this happen. if we get at least 25 to 49 people in we get an extra $25 off. if we get 50+ in, lol, we get $50 off! believe me, if i had the cash, i would order up 50 of them. i know they'd all sell, eventually....

yes, these will be made in China. i just found out, literally, minutes ago! that the mirko mold, my extra front bumper and a sample splitter have all already been put on the ship for China. should be there very soon in fact. somehow i missed the text when they were shipped out. probably when i switched to a new cell phone/number.

this is directly from the owner of the company who would be making them.
Production Schedule
3-4 weeks to ship overseas
3-4 weeks for mold and production
3-4 weeks to ship production pieces back to our Fullerton , CA facility
After the initial production order has been fulfilled, it will take 4-6 weeks for any additional orders to be filled.

if we dont get 15 people together to get this going, the stuff will just be sent back here and everything cancelled. and id be out $500 for the original mold :blackeye:

so post up if youre in for a splitter and if you'd want option 1 or option 2.

if you dont like the price or dont want to wait or arent interested, dont post up. this is an INTEREST CHECK. not a disinterest check!

with my initial investment of $500 for the original mold, im probably going to lose money on the initial GB. hopefully ill make it back with subsquent sales..

hopefully this doesnt sound too expensive for folks. im trying to make this as cost effective for everyone as possible. that's one reason why ive been kicking it back and forth about using the mold we already have. $50 more per mold isnt too much imo. and i need TWO. but i know that for some people $50 can be a stretch, which is why im posting up the 2 choices we have here. the original FG mirkos were pretty expensive and were fragile as ! you stare at wrong and it would crack/break. the one on my DD csvt is beat to right now! this Duraflex material is 1000000% better than POS fiberglass could ever hope to one day grow up and become! its FAR more forgiving than FG and lighter too i believe. its not too weak to do the job and strong enough that you'll quite possibly never need to buy a replacement. unlike the FG junk in which you know you will, you just dont know when.

as a fellow committed CEGer im bringing a solution to the community. and im bringing the choice to you as well. we need to see if we can come to unanimous decision on which option to go with. option 2 sounds best but times are tough and i would like to hear what you guys have to say.

you guys can trust me with this GB. some of you dont know me but many of you do. ive done two extremely successful GBs for the subframe connectors here. we've made and sold over 150 of them to you guys with NO issues or complaints that ive ever heard of :cool: i AM a busy guy with trying to run my own business which is why this got sidetracked but i really dont need to do much on this except present the options, collect the money, and update you guys. this is why i LOVE the drop-shipping aspect of it. theyve got a whole shipping crew to handle that stuff. im not looking to tarnish my reputation as a seller and member here. im not doing this for the money. its for the love of this car and for the want of something better than what we have!

and please dont compare this to that cf hood fiasco from a few years back. this company is extremely proficient at this business. i toured their facilities here in So Cal personally and its impressive as hell! they've got TONS of stuff in inventory, ready to ship out. my connection to this company has been doing business with them for a while now and has nothing but GREAT experiences each and every time. even though theyre made in China they actually come back pretty quickly. theyre only asking for 50% down so they have quite a bit at stake and im sure they'd like to get the balance in ASAP.

so, lets see who's going to put their money where their mouth is. i already have...:) tax season is here and people should have a few bucks to spare right now. dont wait to "see how they turn out". you will be sorry because it will not only cost you more but you'll have to wait much, much longer to get one.

This would actually be good timing for me, I was looking into getting a splitter after winter etc. :shrug: and the 50/50 payment doesn't chunk the bank acct. too much at once. :blackeye:

1. Manimillion (Duraflex)
2. Blast47 (Duraflex)

1. Manimillion (Duraflex)
2. Blast47 (Duraflex)
3. Matty K (Duraflex - either option)

On board! I don't care if it's a new mold - my bumper already has the holes for a Mirko, haha, but I'm not gonna hold up production to try to save $50.

And yes, I've done a good deal of work for Steve, and I know he'll bust his ass to get these delivered regardless of their country of origin.

You said the CF is NOT part of the 15 initially buying. So if I buy a CF one it wont even help towards the total of 15 buying to create the mold and such?

so I might as well buy it after the GB? BTW I would like to get into option 2 (CF, $450 before shipping!) If I do help with all add me to the list.

- amyn

for the guys in ny like myself, how do you plan on keeping this from ripping off the car? id love one they're awesome but the roads are absolute poo over here.

Use a Mirko Splitter pole120 plate!

Question for everyones mind here. Option 2 is a new mold being made. But is it going to be a same exact replica of the MIRKO except it wraps around and screws in there? or is it a complete different looking splitter!

- amyn

You said the CF is NOT part of the 15 initially buying. So if I buy a CF one it wont even help towards the total of 15 buying to create the mold and such?

so I might as well buy it after the GB? BTW I would like to get into option 2 (CF, $450 before shipping!) If I do help with all add me to the list.

- amyn

unfortunately that is correct. it doesnt count against the 15 we need :rolleyes::blackeye:

Use a Mirko Splitter pole120 plate!

Question for everyones mind here. Option 2 is a new mold being made. But is it going to be a same exact replica of the MIRKO except it wraps around and screws in there? or is it a complete different looking splitter!

- amyn

yep on the pole plate (sounds funny)

yes, it will be an exact replica of the mirko that will simply reach around (also sounds funny) to the back of the bumper where it will attach.

matt, it would cover the holes in your bumper, so youre good either way. and thank you for the vote of confidence ;)

1. Manimillion (Duraflex - Option 1)
2. Blast47 (Duraflex)
4. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)
5. svt4stv (duraflex-either option)

im up for either option. id hate to let the original mold go to waste, but the new mold idea sounds better overall. but ill just go with whatever the majority wants.

i may also be able to pick up a few extras if we get near 15 but not quite there. and of course, if i do, they'll be at the higher price since id have to invest and sit on them.

2. Blast47 (Duraflex)
6. CRG Racer24 (Duraflex - either option)

2. Blast47 (Duraflex)

Carbon Fiber

1. QBCSVT (option 2 preffered, open to both tho)

Wish I could help I have (had*) the money for both (1 cf and a duraflex which I wanted) but friday my corollas engine decided to blow! And now I have upgraded to a pair of Puma's and Cannondale R700 Bike (the ones you pedal)

- amyn

Fixed mine too :cool:

2. Blast47 (Duraflex - either option)

Carbon Fiber

well it seems like everyone except manimillion is open to either option so we may have to go with option 1 lol.

my connection/friend/customer who does a lot of business with this company, Extreme Dimensions http://extremedimensions.com/, and sells body kits to corvette customers http://www.corvettecreationz.com/ says he, and they (ED), honestly believe that the new wrap-around mold is THE way to go.

let me tell you about corvette customers. ask anyone in the industry and they will agree that vette guys are THE pickiest sobs in world! if they approve of this company's stuff, then the stuff is good. CC and ED know what theyre doing and talking about, so we should probably take their advice and do option 2.

7. Livinsvt (option 2)

Carbon Fiber

I really feel option 2 is the way to go. Whats $50 extra for a style that in the end will probably fit better and not have to drill into the sides of your bumper. Seems logical to me. Not sure if I want in on option one if two doesn't happen.

I am only down for this if they fix the fitment issues with the current Mirko splitter. I have a fiberglass Mirko already, I don't need a Duraflex Mirko splitter that has the same crappy fitment around the foglights and front grille. Wrapping it around the bumper will be very nice, but if they are making a new mold they should fix everything wrong with it. Especially since they have your front bumper to work from. If they can do this I have no problem paying good money for it.

7. Livinsvt (option 2)
8. CSVT#49 (Duraflex - option 2)

Carbon Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back