• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

trunk opening mechanism fix (part 2)

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
now if u have another functional actuator, replace. and then reverse steps and u should be good.

IF U DONT HAVE ANOTHER, CONTINUE FURTHER

The problem is that the actuator gets jammed. so to make urs functional again, a couple of internal parts need to be greased up.

8) open the actuator. be careful when doing this as the plastic is very hard and can break while trying to open. i know cos i broke two of my clips. also, while opening, the spring could shoot out. dont lose it.

9) these are the parts u wanna grease up. i used all purpose valvoline grease from autozone.

HPIM7881.jpg

HPIM7882.jpg

HPIM7868.jpg

after greasing them up, it's ready to be put back together. this is the order in which it goes. see pic below.

HPIM7870.jpg

10) compress the spring with ur fingers so it fits inside the actuator.

b4 closing it back up, it should look like this

HPIM7863.jpg

close the box. but b4 u install, pull and push on the bar a few times to get the grease all up in there. in other words, pump it.

HPIM7862.jpg

u can now reverse the steps and it should be working. if not, well, i dunno what to tell ya. might be the remote itself or faulty wiring.

Back