• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID bulb differences

Sweeeeet! Now I REALLY can't wait to get mine!

Now get out there and install them! :cool:

Haha I would but winter finally hit here. I'm not gonna go outside and work with my hands in this ice/sleet/rain mix when its below freezing. I should hook them up to a battery though and blind myself like the guys on other forums. :)

Well it looks like we're closing early at 2:30 so I'll have time to get them ready for install. I'm also hoping I find the missing rear headlight screw that I lost the last time I replaced a bulb.

Haha I would but winter finally hit here. I'm not gonna go outside and work with my hands in this ice/sleet/rain mix when its below freezing. I should hook them up to a battery though and blind myself like the guys on other forums. :)

Awww below freezing? Man, I don't know how you do it! :laugh: It's been around 9 degrees here, which has been a heat wave compared to the -17 we had for a while. Winter hat and gloves are your friend!

Mark

Just received another email. They actually shipped this time, and the expected delivery date is February 2nd! :cool:

Mark

the last tracking update on mine was on the 23rd :mad:

stupid weather screwing things up I bet...

I just check again, i will have mine tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see if all the snow and ice thaws so I can pop the hood this afternoon and have a look. I wont be surprised to find that I need to modify the clip to plug in backwards and fix the silly reverse polarity issue someone mentioned before.

I'm waiting to see if all the snow and ice thaws so I can pop the hood this afternoon and have a look. I wont be surprised to find that I need to modify the clip to plug in backwards and fix the silly reverse polarity issue someone mentioned before.

iirc that was with the vvme units

Well it wouldnt shock me if it was the same for the DDM parts. If the ballasts arent made in the same factory they're probably made right next door. :)

holly :censored::censored::censored::censored: are these things bright :drool:

no pics tonight as I found a dead battery in my camera.

also at least with the DDM hids they are wired backwards from our harness. You need to turn it over when plugging it it. ie the part the is suppose to clip into the low beam harness doesn't get clipped in.

now I also didn't adjust the aiming of the lights any and no one flashed me like I had my high beams on. First impression, there is more light, but it doesn't spread out like a halogen does. It is more clean now where the center of the light is focused, and for the mystique that is with the passanger side higher then the drivers, passanger side towards the white line and the drivers side about center in front of the car. I felt the light was alittle washed out when there where other lights around, however on a dark road I could see the difference. I'll have to see how they are in the other car after some time in this car.

Last edited:
Good to hear! As long as your arent screaming about being ripped off.

not at all. i dislike how the shipping went down buy what ever. i was suprised at how small the ballests are. install was very straight forward. since its only temperary I just stuffed the ballasts in a corner so they wouldn't move.

batteries are charging right now.

Last edited:
not at all. i dislike how the shipping went down buy what ever. i was vet impressed at the size of the ballasts, very small. install was very straight forward. since its only temperary I just stuffed the ballasts in a corner so they wouldn't move.

batteries are charging right now.

When u take pics can u snap some pics of the aiming bubble when you're done aiming. It'll help when i get these as a guide when aiming.

When u take pics can u snap some pics of the aiming bubble when you're done aiming. It'll help when i get these as a guide when aiming.

pre98 don't have the aiming bubles. if I remember when I move them to one of my other cars I will.

couple pics

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/album.php?albumid=173

picture.php

one of the following was taken with my camera on full auto, the second I picked natural for lighting. not 100% sure which one is which.

picture.php

picture.php

Bulbs are in with the plugs reversed and doing fine. I'll see how bad the glare is this evening when I check my levels with an actual level on the ground.

Well I drove with them this evening and didnt get flashed once. I even got out of the car and ran down the street and wasnt blinded so I think I'm good to go. The alignment could be a little better left to right but I'm not worried about that at this very moment. Now I need a set for the foglights!

lol, yeah I might get some sets for the fog lamps also, seeing as how cheap the raptor kits are. I think I would do that after the price comes down again like mentioned. First I think I will get another DDM kit and put the two I have on my SeVT and SVT. Then get a Raptor kit for the mystique.

6:00 can't get here fast enough! UPS shows they were delivered! I love coming home to packages on my porch. :cool:

Mark

Back