• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GCT Replacement Meet 10/4/08

WorldTour

I Feel More Like I Do Now Then When I First Got He
Since Gulf Coast Thunder was canceled due to Hurricane Gustav we're going to have a replacement meet & cruise for EGL & WGL members.

When: Saturday Oct. 4 starting around 2pm'ish
Where: K&K Amusment (http://www.klassicarcade.com) at 22711 M 40 Gobles, MI 49055, US
The Plan:Show up around 2pm and due our typical hang out thing, $5 lets you play as much classic arcade & pinball games as you can stand, they have over 100 types of various bottled pop/soda. They also have a huge offroad RC track for those with RC cars. Spend a couple hours there and then take a nice backroad cruise from Gobles, MI to the Gala-T-Inn in Hartford, MI for dinner. Ideally we'd probably want to arrive at the restaurant around 5pm to guarantee enough room for our group.

Also for those coming from out of town there is a new Hotel just off of exit 41 (Watervliet) with an indoor water park (http://www.safarijoes.com) which is less then 10min from the restaurant. Between the arcade & the waterpark you could even bring your family and have a good time.

This is cross posted over at SHOforum.com as well, see if we can't get an old skool SVT/SHO Society thing happening :crazy:

1-WorldTour
2-Huntervf

1-WorldTour
2-Huntervf
3-SVTWannaBE
4-MoonlightSE
5-Pudmunkie

I love your mom......s cooking

1-WorldTour
2-Huntervf
3-SVTWannaBE
4-MoonlightSE
5-Pudmunkie
6-Groove83 +1 (SHOforum)
7-SHOracer14 (SHOforum)
8-KzooSHO (SHOforum)

1-WorldTour
2-Huntervf
3-SVTWannaBE
4-MoonlightSE
5-Pudmunkie
6-Groove83 +1 (SHOforum)
7-SHOracer14 (SHOforum)
8-KzooSHO (SHOforum)
9-ronssvt

1-WorldTour
2-Huntervf
3-SVTWannaBE
4-MoonlightSE
5-Pudmunkie
6-Groove83 +1 (SHOforum)
7-SHOracer14 (SHOforum)
8-KzooSHO (SHOforum)
9-ronssvt
10-2kSVT
11-Sprayed

I should be boosted by then!!!!

Looks like we'll have a good turnout if everyone shows up despite gas prices. :)

Just spoke with some of my friends back at SVT... may have a few goodies to hand out at the meet ;)

Not sure I'll have enough for everyone (especially if we get a bigger turnout) but there will at least be a few things :thumb:

yikes I just checked the maps and it says I will be driving a total distance of 198 miles, wowzers. anybody near GR wanna ride shotgun with me or follow me to gobles?

yikes I just checked the maps and it says I will be driving a total distance of 198 miles, wowzers. anybody near GR wanna ride shotgun with me or follow me to gobles?

198 miles from GR? I think you've made some sort of mistake there. Where are you mapping from and where are you mapping to??

straight from K&K's website:
Gobles, MI is located about 55 miles south/southwest of Grand Rapids, MI and about 18 miles west/northwest of Kalamazoo, MI.​

From Grand Rapids:
Take 131 South to exit 44 - D Ave
On D Ave, go West for about 5 miles
D Ave becomes CR-388
Following CR-388 West for another 7 miles
Once you are in the center of Gobles, turn South (left) onto M-40
Following M-40 South for about 1.6 miles and the track will be located on the left hand side​

From Kalamazoo:
Take 131 North to exit 38B - M-43 West
On M-43, go West for about 11 miles
Turn North (right) onto M-40
Following M-40 North for about 2 miles and the track will located on the right hand side​

Last edited:
198 miles from GR? I think you've made some sort of mistake there. Where are you mapping from and where are you mapping to??

straight from K&K's website:
Gobles, MI is located about 55 miles south/southwest of Grand Rapids, MI and about 18 miles west/northwest of Kalamazoo, MI.​

From Grand Rapids:
Take 131 South to exit 44 - D Ave
On D Ave, go West for about 5 miles
D Ave becomes CR-388
Following CR-388 West for another 7 miles
Once you are in the center of Gobles, turn South (left) onto M-40
Following M-40 South for about 1.6 miles and the track will be located on the left hand side​

From Kalamazoo:
Take 131 North to exit 38B - M-43 West
On M-43, go West for about 11 miles
Turn North (right) onto M-40
Following M-40 North for about 2 miles and the track will located on the right hand side​

For me (Kzoo) I was calculating the whole trip from Kzoo to Gobles to Hartford. Just to get to Gobles from Kzoo is 17 miles. Also, I don't even have to get on 131, I just take W. Main (M-43) to M-40.

Back