• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle 2010 discussion

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
just wondering
Since Spring Zing will most likely be a flying trip for us, we'll be more willing to do a Carlisle drive next year.
I haven't seen any discussion on 2010 yet, but I could have overlooked it too.

I don't think its too early. I was talking to chris v the other day about going. He's gonna make it this year with the fusion crowed. What is funny is this will probably be one of the few times the car is out of the garage.

Im game for this year. this past year attendence dropped off some. And again they split our group in half. Some one would need to contact carlisle and get that fixed again. Also we might need to pay for the tent this year.

Well Pen, you can only be effed by carlisle so many times before you stop going. I can understand people not wanting to go but at the same time there may be one or two nice mustangs to look at :laugh:

I'll always go, as it's one of the few times I can get to see the folks from the "other" side of the state. :laugh:

That, and for the Cheddar Brats and Bacon cooked over a campfire! :drool:

i missed it the past 3 years, 4th time is the charm, im not missing it this year. im starting early heres what i need to be ready:

-finish fixing bumper (*started*)
-paint the bumper, trunk, and hood. and paint the oval and back chrome strip while im painting.
-tint taillights
-mount the new rims/tires (sounds easy but last time i tried to take the front left wheel off, it wasnt happening...)
-get headlights back (having them hightowered)
-find a black rear passenger door and add my blue panel, tinted glass and ding guard.
-find out what to do about my radiator (it leaks, will a pre-98 4-cly radiator work???)

wish me luckkkkk

I'll always go, as it's one of the few times I can get to see the folks from the "other" side of the state. :laugh:

That, and for the Cheddar Brats and Bacon cooked over a campfire! :drool:

bacon.png

i swear that saw the best bacon EVER. Ill try to make it down again. Camping was def a blast.

Well Pen, you can only be effed by carlisle so many times before you stop going. I can understand people not wanting to go but at the same time there may be one or two nice mustangs to look at :laugh:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. some people are just getting tired of the crap. Some years you're together some you aren't. As well as various other reasons I'm sure. I honestly think they should branch the Mustang section into a seperate show date. I'm sure the GM crowd feels the same for the Corvette and Camaro sections too.

163 days and counting...

I would really like to go this year. I am hoping to have the SVT inspected by then. The interior is done, just needs a good deep cleaning. The outside needs work, mostly quarter panel work. It won't get the new paint by June, but I should at least have it there any way. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun there!

That bacon looks awesome! I work with food a lot, I cook at a local hospital. I should snap some pictures of the 8-10LBs of bacon we cook every day for royalblue. It comes in 10LB cases, lots of bacon-goodness.:laugh:

Back