• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

blew up my 3L

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
:( sadface

i hit a deep puddle with my CAI in the bumper. by the time i got pulled over it was knocking, five minutes after that there was 3+ quarts of oil on the ground while i called for a tow. should be running again by saturday :) check MN for enines for me! :)

wtf.... :nonono: I would kill to have a running 3L right now and you guys beat them to hell and POOF, gone.

Welcome to the hydrolocked 3L club.

3rd member, Ray founded it, and I was the second sad member.

How are you getting it up and running so fast?

Sorry man there aren't any cheap 3L's with low miles here in MN. I think we've picked most local places dry. I just ordered three low mileage ones from Iowa because I couldn't get anything closer.

You have to hit more than a puddle to suck up water. Did you drive it into a lake or something? It would have to be a least a foot or two deep.

it was deep, and my CAI goes into the front bumper. had no chance.

i'll find a 3L. i know a place that you can't find on car-part.com blackcoog :)

how do you think i got my 22k mile motor for 350 bucks last year? lol

I'm a member of the club also but mines a 2.5L,:nonono: Its been down a year now. damn poorly designed roads. I had three grand last summer I debated if I should pay it off or get the blackcoog supercharger kit. I paid it off and then next day I hydrolocked my 2.5L with only 30K orginal miles:mad: if I would have roadtripped to MN and got the kit the fliter would have been in a different place and it would not have happened.

Welcome to the hydrolocked 3L club.

3rd member, Ray founded it, and I was the second sad member.

How are you getting it up and running so fast?

You have to hit more than a puddle to suck up water. Did you drive it into a lake or something? It would have to be a least a foot or two deep.

I didn't see it at all, it was an intersection that ran all down into the middle and we had a flash flood type rain, I hit it at 30mph and it brought the car to a stop:blackeye:

Ouch man - if you need any help on Sat I'm pretty free. I owe ya for everything you have helped me with... I wish you good luck!

lol - your new motor will probably put down more hp & tq then your last one.... :laugh:

Back