• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New guys and speeding tickets

DanMyers

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, got my first ticket last night haha, I was in Clarks Summit around here at the Sheetz getting cigarettes with my friend, we were about to leave and I noticed the guy next to us was staring sort of, but I'm usually oblivious to what's going on around me so I didn't really think anything about it and began to pull out when I noticed he was driving a contour. I got around the back and saw an SVT badge, so I pulled right back in and began talking to him, bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:ted for a little bit and I told him about CEG, pulled out and left. Obviously I had to pull out quickly:laugh: and then I noticed he was in the lane next to me, so you know, you meet someone with another 'Tour, especially an SVT, you gotta show off a little bit.

I think of it as the automotive equivalent of a friendly greeting.

So we sped up the hill towards the light, I went left and he went straight, about 200 feet down the road I notice some Crown Vic lights in my rearview, so I pulled over. Now that area has the worst cops I've ever seen, they'll pull you over for doing 2mph over the speed limit and he walks up to the window and tells me he clocked me doing 56 in a 25.

By some ridiculous stroke of luck, I got the nicest cop ever, he was asking me about the little thing with the SVT and asking if it was a race, so I sort of explained it was just a little showing off, and he actually said to me: "Well you were both going about the same speed but I could only pull over one of you, he was going straight and you just happened to go left, so unfortunately I had to pull you over.

At this point I'm laughing in my mind, I've never had a speeding ticket before and I can't believe my luck, this guy comes back with my ticket and tells me that he wrote down that I was doing 46 in a 25 instead of the 56 he clocked me at, I think he felt bad that he pulled me over hahaha.

Oh well, a $160 ticket sounds fair to me considering all the stuff I've gotten away with in the 6 years I've been driving.

And to the T-red E1 owner (sorry I'm awful with names) welcome! PM me and I'll give you my number so we can hang out around here sometime.

I got stopped for my in-car neons last weekend, having just pulled out from the local car cruise. Started by saying that any neon/lighting was illeagal, and I couldn't even have it installed. Then he noticed my switches (which are illuminated), and said that the lighted switches make it leagal to install, but I still could not drive with them on. :shrug:

He seemed pretty cool, though, and I almost asked him how was I supposed to light up the pirate skull that sits on my back deck? :laugh: Decided not to, since one never knows what kind of sense of humor each cop has. ;) He just asked me to turn them off next time, and let me go w/ a warning. :cool:

Ya know.......being pulled over for neon doesn't really make me sound tough, does it? :help::laugh:

On a more positive note.

I have a 100% clean record for the first time since the day after i got my full license. Im so happy and so is my wallet as my Insurance rates went from ~200$ to less then a $100 in under a year.

Im trying my best to keep it this way too!

Actually no its a slight lie my record shows 2 instances of not displaying a plate on the front of my car
banghead.gif

a speeding ticket in pa on the way to school. i was the only car around so obviously i was speeding. so i pulled over before he could even turn on his lights.

second was in virginia. saw him alittle to late and was able to pull over 100 yards before he could get over to the shoulder. he was such a prick. asking all sorts or questions. ridiculous.

3rd was up at school. i was making a left into traffic where its hard to get a good amount of space. so i pulled out quickly and got to my destination. he pulls right up behind me. shines lights on me and while walking up to the car. he was like " u pulled out to close to the car behind u, he had to slam on his brakes" i was like " no i didnt." then he asked where i was going and i said " right here"

he was looking for booze or drugs the whole time. i hate the school cops

I had 13 or 15 points on my lic at one point too. It was right after NYS emposed this great surcharge program where its like 200+ $75 per point over 8. I never did pay them and they ended up calling me saying they were going to revoke my NYS lic, i currently live in Maryland so I just let them.

I just cant move back to NY for a bit :-D

Ya sucks I paid the surcharge for the last 2 years, one more year coming of $275 bucks and im done... but my points will still be there....

- amyn

So I know I've been gone for a while, but Scott when did you get neon and what color is it? Please tell me green, or I might have to not be your friend anymore. LOL. Only joking.

BTW if you want more green stuff I have plenty up at my mom's place that I'll let go for cheap.

So I know I've been gone for a while, but Scott when did you get neon and what color is it? Please tell me green, or I might have to not be your friend anymore. LOL. Only joking.

BTW if you want more green stuff I have plenty up at my mom's place that I'll let go for cheap.

Of course it's green. :laugh: Only in footwells and on rear deck, no undercar neon, yet.:shrug:

I got stopped for my in-car neons last weekend, having just pulled out from the local car cruise. Started by saying that any neon/lighting was illeagal, and I couldn't even have it installed. Then he noticed my switches (which are illuminated), and said that the lighted switches make it leagal to install, but I still could not drive with them on. :shrug:

The officer was correct. Since you had the lights on he probably assumed that you didn't have a switch to control them, that is illegal. As long as they can be turned off, you can have them but cannot drive with them on.
I can give you the section in Title 67 if you'd like it. I'd post it but it's long.

Ya know.......being pulled over for neon doesn't really make me sound tough, does it? :help::laugh:

No, not at all.
ymca.gif

;)

Dan, no more playing around! ;)
Where is this new guy?

Bwaaahaaaa, Christine, that's the best smiley yet!!!:laugh:

Guess I'll have to mount some cannon on my "ship" to prevent anyone thinking i'm not tough.:laugh:

I knew there would an occasion to use that one, this was the perfect opportunity. LOL!

Make sure it's a working cannon. ;)

Haha, yeah oh well, apparently you need 11 points to get your license taken away if you're over 18, so I got 7 more to burn :D. I'm not sure where he is, I never saw his SVT around Clarks Summit before and I am always there when I'm home, I had asked him if he just got it but he said he didn't. :shrug:

It was you that hung out with Dan? If so, I'm sorry.
:D ;)

I def. don't think you are unless you were all the way up in Lackawanna county at Sheetz in Clarks Summit with a T-red/Prairie Tan stock SVT BSing with someone in a Spruce Green SE.

The guy I was talking too didn't seem to have ever heard of this site before.

Back