• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6000K vs 8000K

Wow that was quick, and i don't intend for a 50$ hid kit to be the greatest thing ever, I'll post pics up when it gets here

well there are those that order 50 kits at a time to resell ....

well as for light output it is great. no reason why it needs to be expensive.

well there are those that order 50 kits at a time to resell ....

well as for light output it is great. no reason why it needs to be expensive.
Yeah, I'm just going to be putting these on the DD so as long as they work :shrug:

I picked 5000k I'm hoping that'll be the sweetspot between boring white and rice blue.

well I know this thread has been dead for a while, but has anybody brought the 880 HID kit for are fog lamps from DDM tuning? so far I have not had any issues with my headlight HID's in my SVT so far, and maybe next month I might do the fogs

well I know this thread has been dead for a while, but has anybody brought the 880 HID kit for are fog lamps from DDM tuning? so far I have not had any issues with my headlight HID's in my SVT so far, and maybe next month I might do the fogs

Once I get my money situation under wraps, I plan on buying 3 sets, low, high, fog... Can't wait!!!!!

dont bother with the highs. they are worthless, for a couple reasons. A. you will rarely need them after installing lows and fogs (i never use them even on the back roads with just my lows). B. when you go to flash your high beams you dont give them time to warm up and can actually damage them doing that too much.

Installed them tonight. Fit just fine.

Once I get my money situation under wraps, I plan on buying 3 sets, low, high, fog... Can't wait!!!!!

:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Got mine Raptor kit 5k installed today, they look awesome when driving! i can see everything.

But i got out and looked at them and they are bright! like REALLY bright. I hope i dont blind people :S

dont bother with the highs. they are worthless, for a couple reasons. A. you will rarely need them after installing lows and fogs (i never use them even on the back roads with just my lows). B. when you go to flash your high beams you dont give them time to warm up and can actually damage them doing that too much.

Exactly. I like having the option to flash my halogen high beams plus on back roads they do a great job of lighting things up with the hid lows.

Sweet - I am going to purchase a set of low beams and fogs :cool: I do lots of night driving on country back roads with farm lands and woods - perfect deer and critter territory.

Where does everyone mount the ballast for the fogs?

I will take pictures to show where I mounted mine. If you are ordering for fogs, I highly recommend the DDM kit. I have both the DDM and the Apexcone kit right now and the size of the DDM ballast is unbelievably small. They are very easy to mount anywhere you want them.

I will take pictures to show where I mounted mine. If you are ordering for fogs, I highly recommend the DDM kit. I have both the DDM and the Apexcone kit right now and the size of the DDM ballast is unbelievably small. They are very easy to mount anywhere you want them.

I do have the DDM kit for Low 55w and Fog 35w. I actually ordered them months ago, and just never got around to installing them. Pics would be great, thanks for your time.

Back