A couple of things
1. Remove the water pump pulley before removing the serpentine belt.
2. I have never found that you need to 'reset' the vct if the belt breaks.
3. For about $20 one can get the cam locking bar AND the crank TDC locking pin. Not only does it find TDC without question, by merely turning the crank clockwise it holds it at TDC, very handy when installing the belt as the crank often moves. In my experience it works very well, and most of us just want to do the job just once.
4. In my experience, tensioning the belt too tight is the primary cause of the cam walking off of the pulleys and shredding itself against the engine covers. Tension per spec and NO more.
5. It is a good idea to replace the idlers and tensioner when replacing the belt.
Best of luck
Contours are transportation, good transportation but just transportation at the end of the day.